The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Evora S.

Breaks my heart to see this. Anyone here? Hopefully no one was hurt.

Did a little more search. Originally sold by Newport European. Repair costs about $73,XXX. Salvaged.

Buy for parts?

Lotus : Evora S in Lotus | eBay Motors

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
2011 Evora S.

Breaks my heart to see this. Anyone here? Hopefully no one was hurt.

Did a little more search. Originally sold by Newport European. Repair costs about $73,XXX. Salvaged.

Buy for parts?

Lotus : Evora S in Lotus | eBay Motors
Yeah, I just saw that on Ebay as well. 73K repair costs?! -eek- What, what, what?! Where's that figure coming from?

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Front bumper, undertray, airbags. obviously oil coolers etc. Not 73K worth. That's what it cost new??!!

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
I almost cried when I saw that. 73k in repairs? I just don't see it UNLESS there is some frame or crash structure damage. Pictures suck and it is hard to tell exactly what damage entails. Almost looks like some side damage also? Just can't tell.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Highly doubt it would cost 73k but then again it is to totalled...

That looks to be the amethyst gray that was obd if the early s cars they received I could be mistaken though.

Sad...hopefully that's not an indicator of how easy it is to total these

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Should we all go in on it together as a parts car?

:D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
The money needed just for replacement parts on top of the purchase would exceed just getting a new one w/full warranty. And that wouldn't include labor.

What a shame.. I think they're better off parting the car out. Bu then again it's going to take a long, long time. Too few Evoras, even fewer owners, and even fewer still are there owners who actually need parts right now.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Man, I can't believe that car is totaled?!?! That really doesn't look bad to me.:shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Front end damage, both airbags deployed, broken windshield, and I think there are scrapes down both sides of the car, and maybe on the rear as well. If so, my guess is that is went off the road before it hit something. More likely to have frame/suspension damage.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Man, I can't believe that car is totaled?!?! That really doesn't look bad to me.:shrug:
I don't either. But hey, insurance companies probably love to total cars because it keeps premiums high for everyone. They pull in way more than they pay out.. (fyi - just a poke at insurance companies no intention starting another topic)

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Those pics were pretty lousy. It would have to be a body off for new tub damage event for that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Honestly, based on all the crash testing they did on the prototypes and how little damage was done to the tub, I doubt that there is anything major wrong with this car. You can see that the rear alignment is off, but that could be a tweaked control arm. The rest seems pretty simple. I don't know the cost of front clip, but the rest of the scratches are simple body/paint work. For someone on a budget, this is a steal.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
If you are going to pay somewhere in the 30k range for this car, then you would at minimum, have to get the repairs done for 20k max to make it even worthwhile, which undercuts the original 73k estimate by 53k... even if you own a shop and do it yourself, I doubt you can undercut it by that much.

You are still looking at a car that is going to be around 60k when it's all said and done for a salvaged car which doesn't play well in this market segment unless you are waiting to sell to some typical douchebag wannabe who buys these cars salvaged just so he can front for 25% less cost... and yes... there is a market for that. My uncle has a few buddies who specialize in fixing salvage exotic cars to sell to the young but ambitious crowd.

I'll tell ya, insurance will be a pain, and the car will never be the same, and drive right.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
We sold this car a year ago and the owner decided to trade it in for something else. Well, the used car dealer where it was traded at forgot to move this car and another (I forget what kind) to the inside of the building so was left parked outside on the lot. That night the used car dealer (Chequered Flag in Marina Del Rey) was broken in to and the thieves stole this car and the other left outside. I get a call from the owner about 3 months ago asking me to estimate the value of the vehicle for insurance purposes and he told me the whole story. Apparently one of the thieves were running from the cops and the Evora driver simply crashed...oops! The Evora S is a starlight black with suede tex interior.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
what *would* you pay for this car?
I wouldn't. Maybe for a track toy but would have to be inspected to see if the chassis is straight. If straight, maybe between $20K to $25K tops.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts