The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While examining the front end for my next repair process I see what appears to be a coaxial connection that has been severed. I see a connector below the bottom of the windshield and one end of it runs over to the right side of the car, under the area of the fuse box and windshield wiper motor and disappears toward the right edge of the windshield. The radio has been ripped out of the car but there seems to be some type of antenna connection there, although it's not the same as I've seen in older cars. Where is the antenna on the car?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so where does it run, up inside the windshield frame? Guess I've got to track the lead that's in the radio hole, maybe that's what's cut.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
It runs from the back of the radio to a connector rear the fuse box. From there, it runs down the center spine of the front clam in between the radiator slats and the makes a tee and runs left-right in front of the slats.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ha, thanks Andy, now it becomes clear. Guess I'll get a new one to put on the new/refurbished clam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts