The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for (4) anti rattle clips. I took it into the dealer for noise issues and they found out, it was because I don't have any of the clips on my car. If you have a couple spares lying around. Please PM me.

Thank you

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Do these work for buzzes, squeaks, and chirps too?

I hope so - they could really quiet my ride!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Are these for the brakes? If so, the fronts have clips, one per caliper, and the rears just have a spring, so I don't know why you'd need four.

The front clip is B111J0098H and they're only $10 each new (check Flow/MyLotusGarage or BRG/LotusGarage if you want to buy online). Expensive for what they are but probably cheaper than spending time and energy finding something elsewhere.

I don't know where to get the rear spring as it doesn't seem to have a parts number in the diagrams, but I bet there's a fitment crossover with something else, or someone could take a picture and you could try to bend one yourself.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes these are for the brakes..I thought there were four of them. i guess i can order the clips for the front then look for the springs for the rear calipers. I mainly need the rears, since they are rattling. The dealer was saying that i needed the clips but i assumed they were all clips. thank you for the reply Bri3d.

And GR82DRV mine was rattling when i hit bumps or cracks in the road and when i turned left. It sounded just like a washer rattling on a bolt by the rear wheels, and they said its because i don't have any anti rattle clips on the calipers.

·
Registered
945 Posts
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/rear-pad-retaining-pins-05-elise-101754/

Sadly it looks like the rear springs aren't available on their own. They're part of the Lotus OEM rear pad replacement kit, but if you buy one you're spending a lot of money ($190) on brake pads that are only mediocre.

There's a link in that thread to a listing on Elise Parts, but at 22GBP for the set plus shipping from the UK it's pretty steep too.

A couple of vendors in that thread said they had some laying around, so I'd try PMing them.

There are a couple of threads over the years where people try to find an alternative from another vehicle (I'd swear there must be one), but I couldn't find any successfully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts