The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, if all of the lucky people with cars aren't too busy could one of you measure the thickness of the front anti-roll bar.

Thanks.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Does anyone know what size anti-roll bar the Sport Pack Elise comes with?<<<

Whatever size it is, it's the same as the regular suspension's bar. LSS adds lighter wheels which are one inch wider up front, R compound rubber, 10% stiffer springs, firmer damper valving, ride height set 5 mm lower and the steering rack positioned 8 mm higher. There has been no mention of any sway bar swap. You can convert one suspension to the other via a few hours of parts swapping and a wheel alignment.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stan said:
Whatever size it is, it's the same as the regular suspension's bar.
I think you are right. In the early days I think there was speculation that the bars were different.

C'mon guys don't be lazy. Maybe all you have to do is check the owners manual.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
You can get a sense of the size from some of the aftermarket sites out there. Two seem to offer S2 front bars and indicate that 19 mm: 3/4 inch is the stock size. They offer thicker walled stock diameter tubular bars at 19 mm or outright larger OD bars.

Now, the Federal Elise is not an S2. Some call it an S3 or an S2.5. Maybe the S2 bar was deemed to remain suitable, or maybe it was changed. All we need to a quick measurement to find out...but I'm guessing it'll turn out to be 19 mm.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Stan said:
... and the steering rack positioned 8 mm higher.
Really? Would that give more knee room? How difficult is this to do after one owns the car? Being 6'4", I could use any more space I can get.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
usofrob said:
Really? Would that give more knee room? How difficult is this to do after one owns the car? Being 6'4", I could use any more space I can get.
No effect. Steering rack is mounted at your toes in a separate channel that runs across the whole car. You can just see the mounting bolts in the footwell.

This height change is done to preserve the correct bump-steer curve for the front suspension.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Arno said:
This height change is done to preserve the correct bump-steer curve for the front suspension.
Not quite, what it does is move the curve back towards the standard set up (the ride height is reduced by more than the distance the steering rack is moved up)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts