The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you all using inside Outlook?

I've tried Spam Cloud on a number of computers, but it is very unstable, and causes Outlook to lockup a lot.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I had Mailwasher too, but I didn't like having it running as a separate app.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pop/SMTP in Outlook.

Personal (home) and my personal PC at work

·
Registered
744 Posts
Personally, I stopped using spam filters. Now I just have everything go to the spam folder unless I add it to a safe sender list only then does it go directly to my inbox.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just download SPAM Fighter, and it seems to be working as well as Spam Cloud did, with no hickups in Outlook.

Thanks,

Karl

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Wow, this thread brings me back into reality.

I'm stuck in the corporate e-mail world where SPAM filters are $$$.

We're talking about high quality products such as Symantec Security Mail Server, Lightspeed Total Traffic Control, Barracuda, Microsoft AntiGen, etc.... they are products that don't make sense for the normal consumer.

SPAMFighter seems like a decent one for consumer use.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
spamassassin is what i use mainly, there was an outlook plugin for it, but i think its gone quiet, so of the non/commercial plugins are based on spamassasin too.

symantec , high quality, same sentence?

i find most anti spam systems to be like most anti virus products, only good at catching the same stuff as everyone else, and missing all the new stuff, its either rules based or heuristic thats easy to break, whitelisting is getting to be the only good way i'm finding, but its got that problem with the first email.

i used to dislike that system where you send someone an email and it sends you back a confirmation catchpa, i know people get a bit self indignant about getting them too, but they're seeming like a better idea now.

I loose so many valid emails because of the ISP filtering or bad heuristics and word tags, especially since a lot of people tend to write short notes with a url.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I have used SpamBayes for a few years and have been quite happy with it. It is a SourceForge open source project. More information here:

SpamBayes: Bayesian anti-spam classifier written in Python.

As a Baysean filter, it learns what you consider spam versus ham and self-tunes as you use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts