The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new-to-me BRG 05 Elise will be delivered Saturday night and I'm having trouble containing my excitement. Garage is cleared, the place of honor is set up and now the waiting is slowly killing me. Anyone else have a similar experience?

-- Steve

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
It's just a car man....

Nah really it's an addiction and your just about to take your first hit off the pipe...

Enjoy ! I have had mine for over 3 years. Still nowhere near bored with driving and modifying !

Congratulations man !

·
av8or21
40 Posts
Yup! I remember the days! I was so antsy.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My I'm having trouble containing my excitement. now the waiting is slowly killing me. Anyone else have a similar experience?

-- Steve
That is just the beginning. wait till it is sitting in your garage.

I remember those late nights in the garage just staring at her, caressing here and just sitting on the seat enjoying the moment..

:nanner::nanner:

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
When I bought mine it took almost three weeks to get it here from across the country. Other than a couple hundred pictures, a phone call to hear it run, and positive word from a dealer and performance shop, I hadn't even seen it in person! Of course it everything it was supposed to be and more, but the wait was EXCRUCIATING!!!! Then it was opening the garage every night for one last look of the day..... CONGRATULATIONS and welcome!

·
Registered
412 Posts
My new-to-me BRG 05 Elise will be delivered Saturday night and I'm having trouble containing my excitement. Garage is cleared, the place of honor is set up and now the waiting is slowly killing me. Anyone else have a similar experience?

-- Steve

O yeah... but it eventually ended well for me...

Enjoy it and good luck! :clap:

·
Registered
412 Posts

-- Steve

Pass the time by watching this:

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Yes there's this girl who's been teasing to come over and....

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
...and now the waiting is slowly killing me. Anyone else have a similar experience?

-- Steve
Every time it snows man....every time it snows. The feeling doesn't go away after it's parked in your garage. You'll want to drive it all the time. It doesn't get any easier, but it's all worth it!! :panic:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Every time it snows man....every time it snows. The feeling doesn't go away after it's parked in your garage. You'll want to drive it all the time. It doesn't get any easier, but it's all worth it!! :panic:
+1. Owned my Elise for years, still can't wait till the next time I get to drive it! (Problem is we had a low of -15F last night and a high of 8F today, you will get to drive your car before I will get to drive mine)

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad I'm not alone! Just counting down the hours now. Hopefully the horrid weather will abate out here for a few hours tomorrow to allow for a spin. Pictures will be up once the truck arrives.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Oh yeah, I had mine shipped from Denver to the Midwest and it took a few days. I did see and hear the car in Denver at a PPI but actually didn't have time to do anything but sit in it as I had to catch a plane. So the first time I actually drove any Elise was after it had been dropped off the enclosed trailer.

The carrier was so big it barely fit making a turn on my old, tree lined street. My across the street neighbors, a retired, somewhat nosy couple were immediately out, carrying their before dinner cocktails, trying very hard not to ask how much money I paid for my "race car". Then I totally forgot that the Elise has a start button and a parts bin ignition, so I was momentarily panicked why it wasn't starting when I cranked the key. With my toasted neighbors looking on. Yes, good times indeed.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Congrat's on your new Elise. When I purchased my '87 Esprit back in '01 before I had it registered I would sit in it dreaming of the ride. Had only driven her for a few miles on the test drive but I was 'hooked'.

No drug in the world can compete with the feeling of driving a Lotus. If you really want to 'bump' it up a notch take the factory tour. When you see these cars being made it will take you over the top.

Robert

:UK:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Jersey eh? Congrats, you are buying it at the worst time of the year! :)

Get it, store it and not be able to drive it until the snow melts! :)

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
I bought my car about a year and half ago. Two days after bringing it home I went to China for two weeks. It was an agonizing trip, very hard to focus on the business at hand....just wanted to be driving. Still, it is hard to go a day or two without a good drive.

Ice storm here has killed the track day for tomorrow....but I still have two days next weekend at the track. I would really hate to store it for the winter.

Enjoy the car, they are a blast!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I bought my car about a year and half ago. Two days after bringing it home I went to China for two weeks. It was an agonizing trip, very hard to focus on the business at hand....just wanted to be driving. Still, it is hard to go a day or two without a good drive.

Ice storm here has killed the track day for tomorrow....but I still have two days next weekend at the track. I would really hate to store it for the winter.

Enjoy the car, they are a blast!
Haha. I ordered mine through a dealer. After about a 3 month wait it arrived at the dealer and I went to see it. I saw my baby but couldn't pick it up for two weeks since I had a family trip the next day.:mad:

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
519 Posts

-- Steve
Yes! It's like being a kid on Christmas eve! (Except I've gotta get busy with the garage clean-out).

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Here's the best part... It's even better than you expect when it arrives.

NOW try to sleep!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats! I have been waiting to get one for the past 10 years! school (undergrad).... marriage.... then more school (graduate)......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts