The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if an acid wash or decontamination kit is safe for Starshield or if there is something similar that is? I want to clean some fallout, ClayMagic clay bar worked great on the painted surfaces, was looking for a solution for the clear bra.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
don't know what you mean by "fallout" ........:shrug: I use a clay bar on my starshield.......no problem. You might try Turtle Wax Bug & Tar remover.....works great on almost anything....even built up rubber from track days.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is industrial fallout or acid rain. These little brownish reddish colored spots, not tree sap. I tried claying the Starshield, got most of it out but not all...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've found that the stoner brand bug and tar remover works great for removing debris (rubber, bugs etc..) on the starshield. Just let it sit for a little while then flush with water. If this doesn't work, I think the particles may be embedded in the plastic material and may be difficult to remove. A good cleaner wax may also work. Good luck.

Somewhat on the same subject; Do you guys get a a lot of brake dust on your car. At least I think it's brake dust - a fine blackish mist that covers the car. I spend half a day making my car perfect, go for short drive, then spend more time cleaning the car again when I get back home. I have original pads and A048 tires. Could the the original pads really be that soft? Are the A048's shedding some skin?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I've used all sorts of chemicals on my paint protection film and have never had a problem yet. Clay, plexus, nouvas, turtle wax and 3M bug and tar remover, brake clean, simple green, citrus cleaners, zaino, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts