The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a test drive and loved the car, but would prefer seats that recline a little more. Also, with a little more lumbar support.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
you can pump up the lumbar support.

there doesn't seem to be any space whatsoever for a seat to recline in, nor can i imagine why anyone would really want to. The driving position in this car is pretty much textbook perfect.

·
Registered
687 Posts
offroadr35 said:
The driving position in this car is pretty much textbook perfect.
But what if you want to look cool, reclined at 45 degrees, eyes barely clearing the dashboard, left hand on top of the wheel, head aligned with the center console, as you blast the stereo so the whole city can hear? If you can't do that, those chrome dubs you just bought will just look silly! :p

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
its the elise board....why would anybody want to change ANYTHING when the car is so perfect???

hahaha....jk
take a look at either sparco or recaro.....
i saw a set of sparco seats i thought might be narrow enough to fit, and im pretty sure, but not 100% they recline...
between the two, i prefer recaro over sparco...
the sparcos i sat in were pretty comfy, narrow, but comfy...
recaros are great too, but havent sat in ones i think might fit...
i have recaros in my evo (stock in evos), and have recaros in my cobra....the ones in the cobra are aftermarket and awesome, but dont think they would fit in the elise.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Depending on how close you sit to the wheel, you might be able to mount a seat a bit higher in the front, thus tilting you backwards...

·
Registered
468 Posts
recliner

Maverick1

I heard you can add some washers between the floor and the seat to make a small adjustment.

The problem will be the mounting of aftermarket products. I put a couple of Recaros in my 93 Miata - took about four hours. Lost about half an inch head room and about a quarter of an inch leg room. Seats are much better than stock - if you are no heavier than about 200 lbs.

have fun

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts