The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Colorado looking all over to purchase a used Elise, and was wondering if any LTers have had any experience with the one of the vehicles I'm looking at? This Graphite Gray Elise (they claim it's Storm Titanium but it sure looks Graphite to me) is at Michael's Toyota of Bellvue, WA.

I'm really looking forward to becoming a fellow Lotus owner, and the guys here probably are too so I can drool on my own car instead of theirs! ;-)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I saw this one listed in a couple of spots but never made it over to take a look when I was shopping. They are pretty off on their price as it's an 05 with 27k miles and it looks like the only option is the touring pack and no floor mats.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I agree price-wise, there's definitely some negotiation room there. Just wondering if anyone knew the previous owner or anything like that. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hi, I live in Bellevue, I found the local dealers price to local market. When I bought mine, it was *far* cheaper to buy it out of state and have it shipped here.

I don't actually know if I know the previous owner or anything about the car, I suspect it might have been the daily driver of someone that doesn't live far from me. Middle age married woman, very friendly. I believe her and her husband would use it to commute to work. I never saw them driving the way I do. I don't know. They could have been tracking it every weekend for all I know.

Anyway, as the others alluded to, I'm not sure you'll have much luck talking the dealership down to a comparable price as what you could get online.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
2.35Lts under the hood, 2.35Ltr under the boot = 4.7v8, very wide angle V8.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, I noticed that 4.7L V8 engine too, must have occupied the whole trunk. Now where do I put my grocery? :panic:

The automatic transmission is also interesting, the Toyota dealer may have taken it out of its Celica :clap:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I wonder where they put all that engine!
In the back seat.

Seriously though, good luck on your quest. I second Mike's opinion the local (Seattle) Market is not known for lowering prices much. For example, 2 years ago I bought a 900 miles old 2006 Exige in NJ and drove it here. Fun trip. The local prices didn't get to that level (even after considering shipping costs) until last year. Only now are the local prices just slightly below the price I paid.

Don't be surprised if they don't budge too much on price. And certainly don't tell them that you came from CO to see the car. They'll think they've got you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There's enough demand around here that you won't get any bargains, but I don't think it is too bad. Everything sells pretty fast, but I bought locally recently and paid what I found to be fair market value when comparing to what actually sold on eBay, Auto Trader, and Craigslist from here down to Texas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good luck selling the AUTOMATIC Elise on CL.

There might be someone who wants to attract some hot chicks but does not know how to shift his gear rotfl

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gonna pass on this one, found one for less with less miles! Great color though :)
Thanks Washington Lotus owners!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts