The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 111R has been released to the world for a little while now, and I have heard nothing about any tuning of the engine. I know that some IDEAS have been discussed here, but no one has shown any dyno runs, or really offered any new produts for the car! When will this cal for options finally be answered??:confused: :confused: :huh:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Mean TT said:
So the 111R has been released to the world for a little while now, and I have heard nothing about any tuning of the engine. I know that some IDEAS have been discussed here, but no one has shown any dyno runs, or really offered any new produts for the car! When will this cal for options finally be answered??:confused: :confused: :huh:
Mean,

I am not going to post any dyno results at this time. Let's just say that every single part we have developed and test has shown some nice gains in HP and TQ on the Toyota engine. We will post all of our dyno charts when the cars start selling here in the US. Last I was told that's around end of June or early July.

Just hang in there. I can't wait to see the US cars myself.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
So does this mean I should foreget the stage 1 exhaust because you have alternative that is light and developes some HP gains? What kind of products are we talking here. Let us know before we give our money over for the dealer options thereby bypassing yours.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL.....Can you at least tell us if the power gains you have developed have come from the intake side or the exhaust side? I am aware that many Celica owners have made changes to their intakes as well as throttle bodies. Also, I will be getting the stage 1 exhaust when I get my car unless there is a suitable alternative that is on the market. Have/Will you develop an exhaust system? Again, I can understand the need to keep "trade secrets" and how you might want to hild off on making claims about power gains, and releasing dyno results, but any information you can provide about the actual PRODUCT line I would think would help your business since people will have something else to talk about on these forums instead of how the cars keep getting delayed!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm going to say that the power is from the intake side. Most of the power from Celica's is from are from intake systems and ECU tuning. The exhaust (after cat) do not make much power. The header is rather good on the Celica, btu is totally different on the Elise, but I would think the Elise has more room and thus could deveolp a better header for the engine.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think you guys are going to have lots of choices for spare parts and tuning. Most of the better 3rd party suppliers are very busy gearing up to supply your market - in several cases to the detriment of them supplying their existing home markets:no:
Giles.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Re: Re: Any Australian Tuners have results??

hermanslotus said:
Mean,

I am not going to post any dyno results at this time. Let's just say that every single part we have developed and test has shown some nice gains in HP and TQ on the Toyota engine. We will post all of our dyno charts when the cars start selling here in the US. Last I was told that's around end of June or early July.

Just hang in there. I can't wait to see the US cars myself.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

OK Mitch,

The cars have started selling here in the US where's the beef:D ... er.... dyno charts. I was at my dealer yesterday and saw the stage one exhaust... it is heavier than I thought. Maybe I will go with a pair of SuperTrapps.

Please list the parts, the gains, and the prices, along with the on car performance improvements (0-60, 60-0, quater mile time and speed, whatever you have).

Thank!
Greg

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Hey Mitch, throw us a bone!

How about posting some of the pictures that you showed me from the ehaust products that you were developing when I visited your shop?

Show them your exhaust next to the standard exhaust as a teaser of products that are coming- It looks 100% better than the stock one.

Do it now before people start to order stage 2 and regret not getting yours instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts