The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I am new here and new to Lotus cars but have been reading the board for a bit.

Are there any CAD files anyone would be willing to share or sell with the S2 Elise chassis, subframe and mechanicals?

I'm a long time racer and builder, having started in Formula SAE and then SCCA Street Modified autocross. I am itching to try Time Attack, maybe starting with an S2 chassis, and I would like to model a few things out in Solidworks to see if they will be mechanically possible within the rulesets before committing to building the car.

Given how wide open the rules are in much of Time Attack with regard to most areas, but how restrictive they are with regard to the chassis and shock-tower locations, realistically, I really only need a model of the chassis and rear subframe to be able to do what I want to do.

Basically, a model of this:

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Wait a month, brush up on your Mandarin, and ask whoever buys Lotus!

You're not going to get the file otherwise unless you know someone at Lotus or Tesla that's willing to risk their job. (as a FSAE alum, you should at least know someone that works at one of the two)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The chassis is simple enough to put in manually, but then I'd have to buy a chassis while still evaluating whether or not this is the car I want to start with for a build.

Another way might be if someone has a chassis already stripped down, and wouldn't mind taking a sequence of photos/video with a reference measure in the shot, I do know someone who has a business that automatically makes 3D models from photo/video of objects. While that model won't be ultra precise, that would give me a rough idea of whether my overall plan will work on this chassis.

If someone is willing to do this, and I decide to build the car, what I can offer in return is to put the actual chassis I will then have in hand into CAD and share the file back out here.

@E_Swift, funny you should put it that way, 我现在学中文。 (I am currently learning Chinese). :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Anything beyond Pinyin is advanced as far as I'm concerned!

There is/was a guy last week on LA craigslist (though he's in Tejas) with a bare chassis, but he's not so great with the emails.

I was essentially feeling him up for the same reason, though I'm ready to get the chassis. I've been after this dataset for years...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts