The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Hong Kong for 2 weeks in June. Haven't been back there since 1996. Anyway, are there any car related things to do in HK? Can't image how I can survive not driving for 2 weeks so got to find some other car things to do. Anybody have any good suggestions? HKFEVER?

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
NOBODY in hong kong is a "car guy". Not like tokyo or something. It's all a bunch of buses, overweight trucks, 4 people on one moped's, and some volvos and benz.. you will have to give it up.

These people cant drive so just a regular ride in a car is like no other !!"good luck and have fun!!!

I stayed at hengfeng it was real nice. ANd they LOVE LED's!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
NOBODY in hong kong is a "car guy". Not like tokyo or something. It's all a bunch of buses, overweight trucks, 4 people on one moped's, and some volvos and benz.. you will have to give it up.

These people cant drive so just a regular ride in a car is like no other !!"good luck and have fun!!!

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. The car scene over there is actually quite big; different, but big. Get ready to have all your bars set high when coming back to the US. You'll see a lot more top dollar/super cars driving around than you'd probably care for. Ferraris, Lambos, Astons, Maseratis, etc. etc. etc.

On the other side of the spectrum, they're really into K-cars. But there are a good amount of Lotus shops sprinkled around on the Kowloon side if I remember correctly. From what I heard, their love for the Evo/WRX has died down quite a bit.

Also be sure to check out the street in Mongkok that is dedicated to cars. Forgot the translation, but the first character of the street is "black" in English. If you want some car action, I'd stay on the Kowloon side.

Gotta love the fixed up big rigs though. HK was actually the first place I've ever seen big rigs with LEDs, front aero, and other accessories. I think it's hilarious!

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
I'm going to Hong Kong for 2 weeks in June. Haven't been back there since 1996. Anyway, are there any car related things to do in HK? Can't image how I can survive not driving for 2 weeks so got to find some other car things to do. Anybody have any good suggestions? HKFEVER?
Morning drive?
HK's shops are so shiXXy. No stock, no display, dirty......

Anyway, call me when you arrive, I can gather some Lotus guys for whatever.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts

You are wrong :no:
4 people in one moped is Vietnam, Thailand, ...... not HK. HK is Ducati city, not ever Jap's number can catch up with Ducati.

Tons of Benz, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, Aston, R8 ..... and Volvo is only in SUV.

Did you see my avatar, those Lambos need to double, triple, quadruple parked in that SMD. And I remember there was over USD20 million of cars in only single parking lot that morning.

Huh, can't floor in HK, the highway is too short and crowded. :D But if you are lucky enough to meet Porsche Team A in SMD, then you will be thrilled :panic:

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
maybe you can read what these signs say, it's on the way to Shenzen. Maybe I wask in China lol. Yeah HK I flew into...

a Few pics of multi riding mopeds, weird tractor/cars and some other things you will find on the outskirts of Shenzen. in town less mopeds but there still around. wasn't taking pics of the crowds of people and mopeds at each intersection but you will see for yourself.

in china there were defiantly Multi rider mopeds... I was hoping to see something cool but saw nothing...

And a fun way to buy meat "the glass aint that clean, it's an open air bin.":

They don't sell this meal in Pittsburgh anywhere...

If you miss home the closest thing I found to American foods was "Rain Drop" . Still it's not that close..

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
LOL, you were in China Mainland not Hong Kong. :D In HK those are illegal :no:

For China Mainland, you need to go to Shanghai for exotic cars, but in mid-night, :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Peninsular Hotel has the largest fleet of Rolls Royce in the world so if you go there you might see them all at once. or so I read somewhere.
At any rate going for tea there is a pleasant experience.
Funny enough I never get the impression of seeing many sports cars in Hong Kong. Maybe I am not in the right part of town.
Same for Shanghai, did not really see that many in town centre except the showrooms.
Again maybe because I'm in centre of town on working day.
But if you have a chance to go to Singapore you can see so many sports cars there everywhere and all the time. I believe Singapore have the highest number of sports or high end car per capita in the world.

·
Registered
760 Posts
maybe you can read what these signs say, it's on the way to Shenzen. Maybe I wask in China lol. Yeah HK I flew into...

a Few pics of multi riding mopeds, weird tractor/cars and some other things you will find on the outskirts of Shenzen. in town less mopeds but there still around. wasn't taking pics of the crowds of people and mopeds at each intersection but you will see for yourself.

in china there were defiantly Multi rider mopeds... I was hoping to see something cool but saw nothing...

rotfl That's like being in Fresno and thinking it was Los Angeles. Do yourself a favor and make sure you're actually in HK next time.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
There is a pretty impressive sunday drive that gets together some amazing exotic cars, starts at a cafe. Maybe HKfever knows the specifics? I saw more amazing cars in one place than I have ever seen before. (I was in HK for an installation of RLS products).

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the reply everybody. Any good karting place in HK? I'll probably also go to Thailand and Malaysia for a few days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts