The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I obsessed over the past few weeks; my searching skills on this forum and the internet have proved fruitless with my meager ability. Does anybody have any idea?.. I think the only thing I saw was a 2009 new car buyer's guide in R&T or Motortrend stating there are no changes. (too early to be reliable?) I guess I have to wait until Nov. :panic: I wanna get a 240, and I'm going nuts.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,374 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
09's will be a 241 :huh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
566 Posts
If Lotus issues a press release tomorrow saying that there will only be non-intercooled cars in 09, I'm keeping my S240, or jacking up the price!!!

sumolance and I have exchanged a few PMs, but I guess I know why he hasn't pulled the trigger yet ;)

But seriously, for the price I'm selling my car for, you can have Charlie tune the car, add some other mods it, and you'll still be under the cost of a brand new one :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Trust me, Carlo, I'm losing sleep over this! Every waking hour is spent thinking about your darn car. If I lose out on this I'm afraid I'll never forgive myself, so....:panic:

....finger is on the trigger.....safety is off.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sumo - Life is too short - Go get an 08' or even a sweet deal on an 07' and be done with it. Incremental changes that only the track junkies will notice on the 09's + you can mod the 07's & 08's to get there anyway.

That said if I had to do it again I'd consider used strongly - I could get a used 07 for 20K less then what I drove off the lot for last October. Nobody wants something that has been beat on - but honestly these cars can take it. My 0.02

Ben

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Also depends on where the car is sitting outside at. There are some parts of the country that have some severe weather. There are parts of the car, in particular the Advans, that can't be subjected to the weather extremes experienced in some parts of the country. (see http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/tire-rack-speaks-14f-temp-issue-43470/).

I have also seen some dealers treat those cars like rental companies would - just spray them off or reuse towels on them and drive them hard. These may not be evident problems when first purchased but will likely create some big problems down the road.

Can you imagine - you buy a car that seems new, looks new - hardly any mileage...you drive down the road, tires warm up and POW - tire blows, damages fender, fiberglass everywhere - or worse, car goes out of control and injurs or kills someone.

I would be cautious...very cautious about buying a new or used Lotus that has sat on a dealer lot for any extended time - particularly in midwest to northern climates.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
We won't see MY09's until December maybe January of 2010 and the only change you'll see is price as it will go up a few hundred. As far as 260, that will be just an additional Exige like the 220 and 240 and will obviously cost more $$.
is the 260 just a cup car or is it gonna be the 260S? :p

1 - 20 of 114 Posts