The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I wish you would have shown the back window area - what is there - smooth, textured, carpeted?

Also, those decals aren't helping the lines of the car at all. What was someone thinking with that design? :huh:
This shows it a little bit:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i like my seat better than the s260.

I dont like the hans emblem. And i dont the 260 stitching. Its hard to read.

Maybe i will post pics of my seats.

So wheres all the info that was supposed to be released by lotus at the show>> ?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can anyone confirm weather Alcantara will stain like Suede?

You know how they have suede brushes to comb the nap (or whatever you call it) and restore the fuzziness, can the Alcantara material harden and the nap get ruined like suede?

With leather, I can use a good leather cleaner and conditioner and wipe off spills. I worry that Alcantara will stain (get soiled and wear odd), not clean easily and nap.

Some cars have Alcantara steering wheels - I just imagine that would last about a year and have permanent marks wherever you grip the wheel.
I haven't had a car with Alcantara but I work for a car manufacturer and had a presentation from Alcantara about the material. They said it was fairly stain resistant but didn't recommend it for areas with high solar exposure because it would fade. They also were concerned about light-colored steering wheel applications due to hand oils. I think it will also get shinny with repeated friction.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yep these would be better with out the hans and 260, we like the 06-07 Exige seats best with the "Exige" logo. The 08 seats have no logo at all.

I dont like the hans emblem. And i dont the 260 stitching. Its hard to read.

Maybe i will post pics of my seats.

So wheres all the info that was supposed to be released by lotus at the show>> ?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yep these would be better with out the hans and 260, we like the 06-07 Exige seats best with the "Exige" logo. The 08 seats have no logo at all.

I agree...

On 08+, I'm indifferent about the gauges (from white to black) and some of the different functionality in the gauges. But those seats look plain and the move to emborider the floor mats instead was cheap. The more I look at the doo-doo brown color of the interior trim (what they are calling sensisoft) doesn't help either. I bet that is just going to look gross as it ages.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Here are some shots from my meeting with Abe at the LA Auto Show last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Continued.......[I just noticed that the lack of the passenger foot rest leaves you with a short carpet!] Also, another interesting note. They deleted the rear hatch lid holder (to reduce weight...uhhhh, ok), so Abe had to hold it while I inspected the new black IC tubes. Of course, deleting the radio/rear speakers all together would have been a bigger savings, which, BTW, they are leaving out for the UK.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts

The seats are awesome, very comfy. The alcantara is more grippy, they have higher side bolstering, yet getting in/out is the same as current seats. The headrest won't push your head forward wearing a helmet, 5pt slot, stock sliding seat rails, hans, FIA, lap belt cutout. This is the PERFECT seat for track/street, it's a far better track seat, & a more comfortable street seat!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Agreed! I have the Lotus Sport seats that are alcantara and they're great. BTW, I had a chance to talk with Abe this morning at the auto show. He's a true gentleman and had answers to all my questions. Thanks, Abe...

The seats are awesome, very comfy. The alcantara is more grippy, they have higher side bolstering, yet getting in/out is the same as current seats. The headrest won't push your head forward wearing a helmet, 5pt slot, stock sliding seat rails, hans, FIA, lap belt cutout. This is the PERFECT seat for track/street, it's a far better track seat, & a more comfortable street seat!

·
Registered
584 Posts
BTW, I had a chance to talk with Abe this morning at the auto show. He's a true gentleman and had answers to all my questions. Thanks, Abe...

+1. Abe is a terrific guy and was very accomodating and gracious. He even keep my viewing of the car isolated from others clawing at the velvet rope, like explaining to some guy who asked to sit in the car that it was a limited edition - so "no." This was as I was getting into it!

101 - 114 of 114 Posts