The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for someone who can fabricate a custom carbon fiber shroud to fit over my Exige intercooler shroud. I have included a very rough draft of what it’ll look like.
It will have two 3” inlet tubes and then the large oval outlet tube that will fit over my current shroud.
Why do I need this? Because every time I tilt my clam I have to remove the OEM rubber accordion thing that goes from the Mohawk roof to the shroud. I think it’s such a hassle to put it back on. I want to delete this whole process and make my clam tilt process more efficient. This is not for supplemental air flow because I already have the 3 chamber CF shroud from RLS. This is to substitute for the Mohawk roof inlet. Please let me know if you can make something like this. If you can’t then maybe you can point me to someone who can. Thanks.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
He's not on here on a regular basis, but I'd contact Gabe (GB Composites).

I don't think anyone here makes anything like you're looking for, and it probably be worthwhile for Gabe unless others were interested.

San

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's not on here on a regular basis, but I'd contact Gabe (GB Composites).

I don't think anyone here makes anything like you're looking for, and it probably be worthwhile for Gabe unless others were interested.

San
Do you have an email address San? I don’t use Facebook.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Do you have an email address San? I don’t use Facebook.
Check your "Conversations". I can't say if what I have is still current.

San

·
Administrator
1,526 Posts
I'm in the process of setting up a vacuum bagging and infusion table but no intention of selling parts. Been working with fiberglass since the 60's but wanted to be able to make lighter and stronger parts for my projects. I found this listing for a custom fab shop in NJ that you might want to check out. Most places I looked at were out west or had minimum requirement. Another idea would be to approach marine or corvette fiberglass repair shops in your area that could fab you a one off product. CNC Carbon Fiber Parts | Carbon Fiber Machining | eMachineShop Richard

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the process of setting up a vacuum bagging and infusion table but no intention of selling parts. Been working with fiberglass since the 60's but wanted to be able to make lighter and stronger parts for my projects. I found this listing for a custom fab shop in NJ that you might want to check out. Most places I looked at were out west or had minimum requirement. Another idea would be to approach marine or corvette fiberglass repair shops in your area that could fab you a one off product. CNC Carbon Fiber Parts | Carbon Fiber Machining | eMachineShop Richard
Thanks Richard.

·
Administrator
1,526 Posts
Check you conversations for another suggestion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts