The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a firm delivery date yet for an LSS equipped Elise?
Does anyone actually know if the holdup has been resolved. I am assuming that the delay was for the wheels, but I have not seen anything really confirming that.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Talked to my dealer today. Before this LSS delay was due for a Sept delivery. My bulit date is now Sept. With a little luck, (when am I go to give up on that) :p delivery will be late Sept. More likely Oct.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I believe the issue was just the wheels. I was told earlier LSS cars will be built in July with deliveries starting in August. I expect to have my car in early August.

*crosses fingers*

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
James A said:
I have been told my build date is the week of July 12th, so I hope to get the car in early September.
That means your car should ship on July 19. 4 weeks for an east coast delivery means August 16th delivery.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I'll be tracking down Tim tomorrow at the dealership. I'll add my estimates (if they have any ) to this thread.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
oh, the heartbreak of not reading car rags for a year. i really screwed the pooch on getting onto a list really lat6e in the game :(

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
LotusLust said:
oh, the heartbreak of not reading car rags for a year. i really screwed the pooch on getting onto a list really lat6e in the game :(
I swear I posted about the car coming at Spyderchat, maybe on an old version.

I knew it was going to happen years ago and told friends that might be interested...back in 2002. GET ON THE LIST!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Randy,

I remember your postings on Spyderchat regarding the Elise; you single-handedly got me to buy (and become obsessed with) this car! I don't know whether to love you or hate you at this point :D Max

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
maxxfish said:
Randy,

I remember your postings on Spyderchat regarding the Elise; you single-handedly got me to buy (and become obsessed with) this car! I don't know whether to love you or hate you at this point :D Max
Thanks. I have worked tirelessly for 3+ years now trying to convince everyone I could on Miata.net, Spyderchat, MR2 owners club, SCCA forums, local forums, music and DVD forums. I am sure I passed the point that most people were either convinced, or very tired of me. :)

It would be nice if Lotus threw me a bone.... Oh.. I don't know... but if my car showed up in July with LSD... :)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Randy Chase said:
It would be nice if Lotus threw me a bone.... Oh.. I don't know... but if my car showed up in July with LSD... :)
Done...July 2005:p

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The Lotus are coming, the Lotus are coming!

Ah... this is starting to sound like more solid information.
I talked with Tim yesterday and he has told me the same thing as other LSS's early on the lists. Steve Harris will get 1 car (their demo) due to arrive between the 14th and 19th of July. They will then receive their first 5 cars (in one batch) sometime in August. These cars will be for the first 5 in their waitlist. #1 and #2(mine) are both LSS. So it does sound like the LSS crisis is over.
It is now hard to believe that in 4 to 7 weeks I might actually see my car.
My friends and especially my wife will be very grateful to silence my perpetual updates :p

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I say Randy should get a FREE Elise. Can we set up one of those voting threads?
And let me tell you he is super quick on the autoX course!
:bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Thanks. I have worked tirelessly for 3+ years now trying to convince everyone I could on Miata.net, Spyderchat, MR2 owners club, SCCA forums, local forums, music and DVD forums. I am sure I passed the point that most people were either convinced, or very tired of me. :)

well that makes it all the worse!! wwaaaaaAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts