The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Sorry if its a dumb question... :)

I'm looking for a used set of wheels-tires. The front tires are 225-45/15...

The person who sells it have an Exige and seems to have no rubbing issues.

Any difference between Exige and Elise ?
Any potential rubbing issues on my Elise?

Cheers
Pierre

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
There are no differences in this regard. A lot of us have 15" 225's on the front. I had a bit of rubbing when I first put them on at the track during hard cornering. I firmed up my suspension and it went away.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes - the Exige has the Lotus Sports Suspension as standard. This is (IIRC) slightly lower and slightly firmer. This prevents the rubbing issue when fitting slightly larger tyres.

What type of tyres? are they track day type? (R888 or yokohama A048's). If so they it is strongly advised that you upgrade the toe links as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

This is what I was looking for. :D

These are R888.

When you talk about the toe links, you are talking about the rear ones (RTD or RTV) right?

Cheers!
Pierre

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Yes - the Exige has the Lotus Sports Suspension as standard. This is (IIRC) slightly lower and slightly firmer. This prevents the rubbing issue when fitting slightly larger tyres.

What type of tyres? are they track day type? (R888 or yokohama A048's). If so they it is strongly advised that you upgrade the toe links as well.
Just wonder why need to replace or upgrade the stock one? Not strong enough or design defect?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Just wonder why need to replace or upgrade the stock one? Not strong enough or design defect?
There have been toe link failures on cars used solely on the street, but any car that sees track duty should upgrade the stock toe links, rod ends, and brace... there's far more stress put on these pieces in one track day than in 1000's of miles of street use.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
There have been toe link failures on cars used solely on the street, but any car that sees track duty should upgrade the stock toe links, rod ends, and brace... there's far more stress put on these pieces in one track day than in 1000's of miles of street use.
Any good brand to choice from?

As I tried to replace the break lines to stainless steel in last week, After jack up the car then I found out it's already equiped from Lotus :)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Just the grip from track tyres wear them out much quicker. The stock ones are more than fit for purpose but anybody doing serious track work in any car would benefit from making sure the suspension is setup for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts