The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any one do PC mods?

I'm just getting back into it. I'm working on "Blue Cube". It's a blue Acrylic case with a blue CCFL 80mm case fan, blue LED fan controller, Blue LED "bubble" light and a silent power supply with blue LEDs. Lights up my entire bedroom blue when I turn the room lights off. I only need a silent CPU fan to make it silent enough to leave on all the time.

I'm setting up pretty much the same system for my accountant except it's a Blue UV case. It's clear in normal light then it turns blue with UV light. It's an awesome way to trick out a case.

Just don't look for much EMI protection with the acrylic... ;)

They have UV reactive paint which I'm going to try out. That should have an awesome affect.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
It's all about the Bling Bling

The Toaster Over.

Might as well be functional if you go for the Bling. :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is basically what mine will look like. I've got some floresent round IDE and Floppy cables that will make it look better than the loose wire crap that this guy has.

I started selling systems on the side for a few friends of mine but I had an old beige box myself so I had to upgrade so I didn't look like a poseur. If anyone want info on where to get stuff build your own box just email me, I'll send you links.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Ehh, forget the glowing lights. Mine was beautiful right out of the box. ;-)

Best feature - when in sleep mode, a white light at the corner of the display pulses, like a hearbeat...

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
My Dual 1GHz G4 tower has the pulsing light too, as do both of my Formac LCD displays.

Between those and all the synthesizers and other LED covered hardware, my studio looks pretty damn cool in the dark :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts