The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any one doing the NY to LA Gauntlet Run?

I have no affiliation with it, I just came across the website for it and this is what it says….

The 2008 Gauntlet Run

"The inaugural 2008 Gauntlet Run is a “Cannonball Run” inspired road rally that will take participants from New York to Los Angeles, sea to shining sea in less than one week in an action packed, fun-filled journey that will test the mettle of any petrol head. The route will be full of challenges with other participants for prizes, exciting events at some of the most elite tracks in the United States, nightly parties at exclusive clubs, and five star accommodations and dining across the way. It is the thrill of a lifetime, a week of testing yourself, your car, and meeting a group of people who share the same passion. So sit down, strap in, and hang on for the ride of your life.
New York to Los Angeles - September 19-26, 2008"

It sounds like trouble to me :no:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Umm,

I had a friend go on the "Navigators Run" and the guy running it ended up taking everyones money and bailing. There are four I would consider.

1.Gumball 3000
2.Players Run
3.Bullrun
4.AKA Rally
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J14ffXBy604&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J14ffXBy604&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
These are the only 4 I would trust because I know they exist. And I actually went on the AKA in 2006. It was a great experience and I plan on going this year. On the AKA board, numerous fakes have been brought to our attention and have heard all the horror stories. Beware of these poorly made websites that dont give exact itineraries or show actual participants.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I did the bullrun in 06 and is filled with a bunch of playa's wanna be. one participant told everyone he was a royal prince from africa who later turned out to be nothing more than a con-man who's serving time in TX on fraud charges. another participant paid $15,000 entry fee and is now in the process of filing bankruptcy.

although i met a few genuine nice people, i find a good portion are just people who likes to appear "play boys" but are nothing more than "material rich".

sorry, but if you wanna do a race, I would rather do something like La Carrara Pan Americana in Mexico than one of these so called "Races".

Oh btw, the total ticket fine handed out during the Bullrun is well in the 6 figures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts