The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
My order is in the "second wave" of orders going in, and I've preferred Laser Blue all along. My dealer is currently giving me the line, "Laser Blue is not available in the U.S.". Now I know some "first wave" order folks say to have Laser Blue on order. Is this my dealer being lazy, or is anyone else with orders just going in getting Laser Blue approved? Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
Offically I'm in the first batch of Lazer Blue cars to be produced. The 3 cars have a "July Build". Now I don't know if that was July 1st or 31st. I know what others are saying but the cars ARE being batched to an extent and Lazer Blue is a color which technically doesn't exist so I'm sure it wasn't a priority. Now you wanna hear something that really sucks? I'm the #1 customer position at Princeton. They have now recieved 3 cars and I'm still waiting because of color. As a matter of fact, the other guys that are with my car are actually further back in their respective wait lists but because of the color are getting their cars earlier. :rolleyes: Are they lucky or am I cursed?

I haven't heard anything from Princeton and thus have to assume my car still isn't packed for the trip to the US. I was hoping to have my car for my birthday (mid August) but the chance of that is quickly slipping away.

I keep reading about everyone else getting their cars and I'm starting to go nuts. I got my financing, I have the garage ready, I've got the road trip planned. Where the H*)) is my elise?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
X000000101 said:
My order is in the "second wave" of orders going in, and I've preferred Laser Blue all along. My dealer is currently giving me the line, "Laser Blue is not available in the U.S.". Now I know some "first wave" order folks say to have Laser Blue on order. Is this my dealer being lazy, or is anyone else with orders just going in getting Laser Blue approved? Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,
David
David,

Again, technically Lazer Blue is not offered in the US and actually is discontinued globally. I, along with others, pushed and pushed and got the color as a limited offering (not a printed option anywhere). I actually went so far in my push to contact Lotus Motorsports in Hethel and ask them to "customize" my car prior to shipping. That may have been the straw that broke the back.

Those of us who ordered the color actually have a paint code written on our orders under color instead of "Lazer Blue". The offering was always going to be at best "limited". It was said during the LA Auto Show that if you weren't in the first or second batch of cars, you were going to be out of luck. They may have changed their mind since Lazer has outsold Krypton but I really don't know. This may be time for you to push your dealer to call their regional rep and get a real answer. You may want to call another dealer and fish with them for an answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
Offically I'm in the first batch of Lazer Blue cars to be produced. The 3 cars have a "July Build". Now I don't know if that was July 1st or 31st. I know what others are saying but the cars ARE being batched to an extent and Lazer Blue is a color which technically doesn't exist so I'm sure it wasn't a priority. Now you wanna hear something that really sucks? I'm the #1 customer position at Princeton. They have now recieved 3 cars and I'm still waiting because of color. As a matter of fact, the other guys that are with my car are actually further back in their respective wait lists but because of the color are getting their cars earlier. :rolleyes: Are they lucky or am I cursed?

I haven't heard anything from Princeton and thus have to assume my car still isn't packed for the trip to the US. I was hoping to have my car for my birthday (mid August) but the chance of that is quickly slipping away.

I keep reading about everyone else getting their cars and I'm starting to go nuts. I got my financing, I have the garage ready, I've got the road trip planned. Where the H*)) is my elise?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Hey, I'm low to mid 40s at Overseas motors and I ordered laser blue. They already took my order a month or two ago. I don't know if they already turned it in, but if they did, could this mean I might get my car much ealier than expected?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
wallabyguy said:
David,

Again, technically Lazer Blue is not offered in the US and actually is discontinued globally. I, along with others, pushed and pushed and got the color as a limited offering (not a printed option anywhere). I actually went so far in my push to contact Lotus Motorsports in Hethel and ask them to "customize" my car prior to shipping. That may have been the straw that broke the back.

Those of us who ordered the color actually have a paint code written on our orders under color instead of "Lazer Blue". The offering was always going to be at best "limited". It was said during the LA Auto Show that if you weren't in the first or second batch of cars, you were going to be out of luck. They may have changed their mind since Lazer has outsold Krypton but I really don't know. This may be time for you to push your dealer to call their regional rep and get a real answer. You may want to call another dealer and fish with them for an answer.
Robet,

Lazer Blue has not been discontinued globally. I know this for a fact since the dealer in Melbourne, Australia that I am friends with has a brand new Exige due in August that is indeed Lazer Blue!!!!

In fact I know the owner who has ordered it. He lives up in Darwin and I drove his car below last year down under. Have a look.
I have also ordered this color having seen it, and just fell in love.

Mitch
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Robet,

Lazer Blue has not been discontinued globally. I know this for a fact since the dealer in Melbourne, Australia that I am friends with has a brand new Exige due in August that is indeed Lazer Blue!!!!

In fact I know the owner who has ordered it. He lives up in Darwin and I drove his car below last year down under. Have a look.
I have also ordered this color having seen it, and just fell in love.

Mitch
Mitch,

I haven't seen it "officially" offered by Lotus on any 2004 color chart. It was offered from 2000 to 2003. I am sure, as can be proved by you and I, that it can still be ordered, but I haven't seen it on any chart, even the australian one which offers the Elise in the same colors we have in the R and 3 colors we don't get for the S.

http://www.lotuscars.com.au/HOMEPAGE.html

Face it, we are the last of the breed.

Robert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
wallabyguy said:
Mitch,

I haven't seen it "officially" offered by Lotus on any 2004 color chart. It was offered from 2000 to 2003. I am sure, as can be proved by you and I, that it can still be ordered, but I haven't seen it on any chart, even the australian one which offers the Elise in the same colors we have in the R and 3 colors we don't get for the S.

http://www.lotuscars.com.au/HOMEPAGE.html

Face it, we are the last of the breed.

Robert
Robert, this is true. I have never seen Lazer nlue on any color chart anywhere. It does seem weird. Hey as long ast he offer it I'm happy. I hope and pray our cars come in as Lazer Blue. You the first on the list at Princeton for it so you'll be the first to know. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

Yes are rare breed indeed:)

Mitch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
wallabyguy said:
David,

Again, technically Lazer Blue is not offered in the US and actually is discontinued globally...
Robert...

Thank you so much for the lengthy reply. It sounds like I may just be out of luck. At this point my second choice, Magnetic Blue, was ordered, and I'm sure I can learn to live with it! :)

Sorry to hear your endeavor to get Lazer Blue is delaying your Elise...I'm sure it will be worth the slightly longer wait...can't wait to see the pics once you have it delivered! Kinda frustrated no Magnetic Blue pics have been posted yet from current deliveries.

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
David,

Magnetic Blue was the "replacement color" according to Lotus so your chose wisely. Good luck and look for my pictures sometime next year after I quit my job and try to live life on the road only to relize that leaving the wife and kids may not have been so smart, Not to mention with gas prices what they are, my savings won't last very long. And replacement tires can rack up the bills...................... on second thought, watch for my pics soon.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
The week of July 12th there were complete Lazer Blue cars at the factory waiting shipment! It's a really nice color in the sun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Lazer Blue is definitely starting to grow on me. Does the Blue leather interior "match" or compliment the exterior?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top