The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
wreckless said:
Lazer Blue is definitely starting to grow on me. Does the Blue leather interior "match" or compliment the exterior?
In Europe they offered a light "suede like" interior with Lazer Blue which was pretty nice. I don't know if anyone ordered the Touring Package w/ Blue Leather for a US Spec Lazer Blue car. I talked with LCU directly when I was trying to get Lazer Blue and they called me directly when they OK'd it. They asked my spec on the car at that time and when I said touring, they told me black interior. My guess is that the dark blue leather clashes but that's the interior designer side of my architectural mind talking. I know someone got biscuit which I was considering but thought it was too dark. If it was lighter, which I think it turned out to be v. the early show cars, it would be nice. Red might work nicely actually, but you need guts to order it. I doubt I helped but that's my 2¢.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jealous

Newbie Foreigner Alert - first post

I'm not a prospective Elise owner, actually have a C6 Z51 in Millennium Yellow on order that will hopefully arrive in early Sept.

A friend of mine has an Elise or order and we frequently discuss the perils associated with the waiting game..

I must say however that I'm a wee bit jealous -- and it has to do with this Laser Blue color option you all have. WOW!! It's the most amazing color I've ever seen on any car, and I don't really even care for Blue cars..

But this Laser Blue is wicked!! I wish we had it on the C6 - it would be my choice. And for those of you getting an Elise in this color, nice choice. You have an awesome looking car -- esp with the hardtop...

if someone has a link to more pictures, please send along.

Chris
Austin, Tx

·
Registered
758 Posts
My order for Laser Blue was accepted and my dealer hasn't told me that it was going to be a problem.

I ordered a red leather interior too.

I'm number 13 at my dealer, with the color and LSS option, I'll be surprised if mine comes in before christmas.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I originally ordered that exact same combo (Laser, Red Int, LSS). That night I played around in photoshop and got a little concerned about the hues and whether it would look good. I chickened out and called back a day later to change to black interior.

Hope it does look good after all. Please post lots of interior shots when you get the car so I know what I missed!

·
Lotus Sales
630 Posts
Laser Blue

Hey Mitch,
I just got an update from Lotus and this was on your order " Waiting for DRF from Tony Shute ".............That just means they are waiting for Tony Shute to O.K. the color for production and they should put the few Laser Blue cars on line together but I am not sure. My guess is they will be putting yours together in the next few days. The color delayed it a bit but it'll be woth the wait.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Re: Laser Blue

Mark Starr said:
Hey Mitch,
I just got an update from Lotus and this was on your order " Waiting for DRF from Tony Shute ".............That just means they are waiting for Tony Shute to O.K. the color for production and they should put the few Laser Blue cars on line together but I am not sure. My guess is they will be putting yours together in the next few days. The color delayed it a bit but it'll be woth the wait.
Mark,

Sorry for the late response. I was at Pocono Speedway this past weekend with my race car.

Please keep us all posted on Lazer Blue and when they are due in.

Thanks agian,
Mitch

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: Laser Blue

Mark Starr said:
Hey Mitch,
Mark,

There has been mention on other posts that laser blue may only be available for earlier batches. Do you know if this is true? I'm in the 40's and ordered laser blue, hoping to get it. Does this mean that laser blue will be available for the whole 2005 production year?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.