The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this region is dead! I found a sticky that said there have been no posts in the past 1000 days! I though I'd awaken this sleeping section.

I live in the Woodlands, just north of Houston. I've been a sports car enthusiast since I was a kid. I currently own two 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadsters, a 1996 Mazda Miata (MX-5) that is turbocharged with 273 rwhp, and two 1994 Mazda RX-7s (one stock and one modified with 350 rwhp).

I plan to sell one Datsun Roadster, the turbo Miata and the stock RX-7 in order to buy a US legal Elise. There is a Houston dealership that apparently will be getting Elises soon but of course many are already paid for or at least have deposits. I'm not in a hurry, I need to liquidate first!

Any Elise owners or enthusiasts like me that want to start getting together for informal meets and drives, please post here.

Chris Robertson

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I don't know where you are getting your information but about 13 people in Texas have aleady received their Elises. This area of the forum should pick up as soon as they all get back from their morning drives. I didn't realize the Elise was so popular and people already have deposits on them? Go figure. I better get on the waiting list:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went by the dealership today. No cars have arrived yet. They said June. There are 110 people that have left a deposit. That equates to about a year's wait if you sign up today. I picked up a brochure that is basically a reprint of the C&D article (or was it R&T). Also picked up a color choice flyer.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sorry I was being facetious. Welcome to the forum. We'll be getting our cars soon and you'll see more local events surface.

If you aren't already on the list in Houston come to Autostrada. I think they have shorter list.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
it's too late huggy, we already know you're Rowan! LOL!

nice avatar description! rotfl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts