The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I messed up my current Forcedfed CF splitter on a steep driveway apron. I'm looking to replace it without taking a second mortgage. Does anyone have experience with this Ebay offering?

Lotus Elise 02-09 Vacuum Formed Carbon Fiber Front Lip | eBay

If I installed this I would add a DIY full-surface black PVC skid pad on the base.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check with lowtush. He might give you a better product for the same money.
Can't seem to find that thread... Last I recall, those were not CF, although I could be wrong. (I have CF side scoops that I want to match.) Also, I seem to recall there was some issue with backorders, but maybe that's resolved too.

Otherwise, I'd much rather support Lowtush with my business...

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
A little off topic perhaps so please forgive, but does anyone know if there were splitters made for MY11 Elises with the new style front clam?

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
That looks like the same splitter I bought 2 years ago from Bryan (under a different ebay account). Those are the same photos listed on ebay back then & he was from CA so I'm assuming it's him.

If it's the same that I bought... It's full CF, I have plenty of scrapes to prove so. It's simple to install & provides considerable downforce force at speeds in excess of 120 mph. Prior to install, the front end felt too light. On the autobahn I regularly do 140 - 160 mph (per speedo) & the front end feels glued to the ground. If it ever breaks, I'll buy another.

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
It says not mounting hardware, what did you use?
Nothing special, I just picked up some flat metal plates & hardware from lowes. This was the first time I installed something like this, I'm sure there are better ways & others can chime in. Regardless, my install has held up perfectly & survived plenty of scrapes. I would've broke it several times if it was fiber glass, but the carbon holds together very well.

On a side note, if this seller's name is Bryan Householder, I HIGHLY recommend against sending him parts to have molds made. His splitters are well worth the price, but it's a different story when you send him parts.

Here, just dug up the old Group Buy thread with photos of someone else's install: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/group-buy-carbon-fiber-spoiler-elise-84084/

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,041 Posts
If this is a real CF splitter at $350 then how can Reverie justify their CF splitter at $1200? What is the difference, besides it says Reverie?

I am also looking for a reasonably priced splitter that I am confident buying.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can't seem to find that thread... Last I recall, those were not CF, although I could be wrong. (I have CF side scoops that I want to match.) Also, I seem to recall there was some issue with backorders, but maybe that's resolved too.

Otherwise, I'd much rather support Lowtush with my business...
Here is the link to the thread Lowtush was selling his splitters:

Lotus Elise Splitters - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

There was a delay in getting my order but it was outside his control. He buys in bulk from overseas and the shipper had some sort of problem. He custom wraps them for shipping and mine came in great shape.

It's not carbon fiber but very lightweight black gel coat. I installed it as is and it looks great and eliminated that floating feeling I used to have over 90mph. For the money ($265) I think they are hard to beat. If I read the E-bay advertisement right on your link, the carbon fiber one cost $350 and another $60 for shipping so they more expensive. But if you want the carbon fiber look that's not a bad price. I can't speak to the fit, the ones from Lowtush fit my 08 Elise great. Mark

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
glad to see that im getting positive remarks. if anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me. when buying a splitter keep in mind no matter how careful you are its only a matter of time before you scrape it, atleast be happy its not your very expensive front clam. why pay more than you need to?

Heres a link to the current group buy
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/lowtush-splitter-group-buy-120680/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts