The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was pricing a second set of Hoosier A6's and was looking at the Hankook's as an alternative to Hoosier A6’s. Anyone tried the Hankooks compared to A6's?

Was looking at,
245/40ZR17 Hankook Ventus Z214 (C71 soft or the C51 medium)
205/50ZR16 Hankook Ventus Z214 (C71 soft or the C51 medium)

I normally use,
205/45ZR16 Hoosier A6
245/40ZR17 Hoosier A6

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Guys I love these!! They don't take long to heat up and are sticky.
I have been running Toyo R888's and really enjoyd them... these rock.
I have 3 wekends at Road Atlanta 2 at AMP and 1 at Barber. With proper rotation (swaping off wheels) they last a good bit. Even with a 40 min session they hold up and keep great grip... I recommend them and will continue to use them in the future. Good luck with purchase.
DL

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hey Guys I love these!! They don't take long to heat up and are sticky.
I have been running Toyo R888's and really enjoyd them... these rock.
I have 3 wekends at Road Atlanta 2 at AMP and 1 at Barber. With proper rotation (swaping off wheels) they last a good bit. Even with a 40 min session they hold up and keep great grip... I recommend them and will continue to use them in the future. Good luck with purchase.
DL
Which compound - 51 or 71?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hankook is all rounder and better grip than the R888 , the A6 has a slight edge over the hankook when it comes to grip but it tends to overheat and lose grip much more quicker than both the hankook is more durable with a descent grip .

i have R888 on just because i drive the car more often on the public roads and it has a wet groove in case it rains but if you are all out circuit with minimum streets then go with hankook .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Which compound - 51 or 71?
They are medium compound... just got 2 more days out of them at AMP.
I cored one due to tons of wear on front right.
the other three are still good... looking forward to 3 more days this weekend coming up.

I use R888's as my back ups... they work great too on the track.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i have R888 on just because i drive the car more often on the public roads and it has a wet groove in case it rains but if you are all out circuit with minimum streets then go with hankook .[/QUOTE]

I agree... I have 2 sets of wheels one with R888's the others with Hankook's.
Just what works for me...good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts