The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Michiganders!

Took delivery of my Elise this past Friday and would like to know if there are any entertaining (read: twisty) roads within 50 miles of Dearborn to explore. Being from New York, I do not know this area as well as most of you probably would. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Were you in Grand Rapids for the event this past weekend? I live in the Lakes area, (Commerce, West Bloomfield, area). There are some decent roads out here because of all the lake dodging you have to do.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope - wasn't at Grattan this weekend. Was planning to, but the "check engine" light came on 7 miles after leaving the dealership (it was closed by then) and I didn't feel comfortable making the long trip with the light on (turned out to be a loose fuel cap).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out after dinner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hines park at the right time of day is always nice... but the cops enjoy the route just as much as us... so be wary! I like to go out there at dusk... when traffic dies down... or early morning... otherwise- there are not many roads outside of SouthLyon/Milford/Brighton... a few lakes out there to have a little fun with...

but without going to a track- the west side of the state and up north are the best (old 119 is one of teh best roads in the country- 31 miles of pure hairpins and banked curves)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Mike you have a PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts