The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is specific regrets at something you wish you bought, wish you changed, wish you had modified, but the timing has passed at least for the near term...

I wish i had put 15/16's on my car (or 15's all around) when i got new tires. I like my new tires well, but still wish i had smaller rims... i saw some on a fellows white Exige at the photoshoot/meeting that agentTripleX had and thought... well i guess i saved some money, but darn i wish i had smaller rims...

(glad i changed my mirror for the kit someone was selling on here, and glad i removed the visors, and like my truck booty, and... wait, why haven't my multivex mirrors arrived (i saw them on a car at the same meeting and looks like a great idea), but anyway, i wish i was running smaller rims right now... they're lighter, wider, more comfortable... oh well... :sad:

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Haha... I wish I had more $$$ to do all the mods I want to my car at once. :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Niki, Harley Davidson, and Merck stock. A thousand shares of each at the right time and I would have been typing this from the beachfornt porch of my house on a tropical island instead of where I now sit.

And of course the follower to that, ...if I only had a brain.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I wish I hadn't said no to those girls :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I wish I had gone to a more prestigous college. I had the opportunity but didn't have a parental figure pushing me or helping me with info.

The other night my wife and I had this same discussion. It was only then that I realized that all the bad things and good led up to this moment in my life. Had one thing, either good or bad happened either way, I would not be where I am. That was especially important when I thought about my boys. I would never wish for anything different thanks to the great kids I have and their fantastic mother.:bow:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Tons.

1) Not using suntan lotion on my face on my topdown road trip Sunday.
2) Not buying property in 2000.
3) Buying property in 2006.
4) Not moving to CA sooner (I recommend running away to teens that live in TX)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
1. Should have never traded in my 2004 R1 for the ugly 2005 Ducati 999 only to take a bath 12 months later sellling it in for the 2006 MV Agusta that I should have bought in the first place instead of the Ducati 999 .

2. Instead of getting the Ducati 999, I should have waited for the Ducati 1098.

3. Should have bought the Canyon Red Exige S at SouthBay Lotus a year ago but I suppose I saved a bundle of cash by not getting the Exige S which sort of makes up for the loss in number 1 and number 2. But it's still a regret.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Blowing a relationship with a rich beautiful female who actually loved me. What a young fool I was! Now I can't find a female (in her right mind) to put up with my 56-year-old B.S. for more than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Should have started with a Cup car. Wouldnt be doing all the futile things i am doing now turning poor S into smth it will never be - a competitive racecar.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
absolutely nothing...:up:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Should have started with a Cup car. Wouldnt be doing all the futile things i am doing now turning poor S into smth it will never be - a competitive racecar.
Haha, I was going to post regret for not waiting for an S car. Guess the grass is always greener...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
getting hooked on cigarettes :(

I once had a 7+ liter lung capacity... probably far less than that these days.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I thought this was a car related regrets thread. :shrug:

On a more serious note, the only things I regret are the things I haven't done. I try to tell myself every day that I only have one life to live so I better not hesitate on the things I want.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I thought this was a car related regrets thread. :shrug:

Well, in that case... I once bought a 1962 Porsche 356B Super90 on a rebound a few days after a guy backed out on his deal to sell my his '67 Austin Healy 3000. I had the $1750 in hand when I saw the 356B for $1800. I should have checked the car out better... The engine had just been rebuilt but whoever did the job left out the case stud O-rings -- when the engine got up to temp, it leaked really bad. I started finding bondo in the body work. The king-pin/link-pin front suspension had been poorly rebuilt.

I managed to sell it about 6 months later... for $600 -- I lost $1200.

At least the guy who bought it made out well. He replaced the missing seals and dropped the engine in his 1958 356 Cab, took some of the good interior parts, and parted the rest out for what he paid me.

I should have waited until another fine AH came along (this was 1975... explains the low prices).

·
Registered
814 Posts
Not holding out for Chrome Orange when I was buying my car...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts