The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea if 295/30/19 tyres would fit on the rear of the Evora S without rubbing issues assuming a 19x10 wheel is used?

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
Short answer no, long answer ... maybe depending on wheel offsets and dish. You would also need to balance front to rear so as not to confuse traction control with maybe a 255/35-18 but no guarantee to fit either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Julian, any idea what the widest anyone has gone so far?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
I've seen 285

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am curious, too, about the widest tires to fit on back of Evora.
I am starting to test the waters for a potential Evora purchase and wondering about tire fitment...I like the look of the

·
Registered
17 Posts
i bought some 2 295 30 19 100Y Pirelli Pzero Corsa Tires for the rear ofcourse and then i saw this post :-/ . i went ahead and had them install any way, they seem to fit with room and driving i dont feel or hear any rubbing, im not sure if i her rubbing when i hit a bumper, is there anyway to check scientifically if this will be a problem ? lol havent been on the highway or hit any major pot holes or took any highspeed corners yet.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Most folks on here recommend 285s on the rear for rim protection and 225s on the 19 inch wheels front. You might want to msg jlobo941

I believe his Evora has PSS 255/30r19 front and 295/25r20 rear.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i bought some 2 295 30 19 100Y Pirelli Pzero Corsa Tires for the rear ofcourse and then i saw this post :-/ . i went ahead and had them install any way, they seem to fit with room and driving i dont feel or hear any rubbing, im not sure if i her rubbing when i hit a bumper, is there anyway to check scientifically if this will be a problem ? lol havent been on the highway or hit any major pot holes or took any highspeed corners yet.

Love to see some pics mate.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
When I bought my Evora S it had 315/30ZR20's on the back. They rub a little, but look terrific. The only big problem is that the handling is off because of the extra contact patch on the back. Thus, the car pushes a bit when I am driving hard. When I replace them, I will likely go down in size or up in the front.
Keith

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
293 Posts
I have Michelin pilot spot 4S 245/35/19’s on the front and 285/30/20’s on the rear with no issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I bought my Evora S it had 315/30ZR20's on the back. They rub a little, but look terrific. The only big problem is that the handling is off because of the extra contact patch on the back. Thus, the car pushes a bit when I am driving hard. When I replace them, I will likely go down in size or up in the front.
Keith
wow good to know ! i wonder why the first response from julian73 was so confidently an emphatically no , lol well i feel much better now

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Keith
Wow. Have any pics from the back?

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
wow good to know ! i wonder why the first response from julian73 was so confidently an emphatically no , lol well i feel much better now
My short answer was a No. then with disclaimer that actual fit is a fiction of the balance of the wheel offsets, actual tire vs nominal size, cars camber alignments etc. (basically install at your own risk). I you want to buy and plug on and drive i'll stick with the short answer: No that 295's don't fit unless you want to risk wearing your suspension arms, wearing fender arch, fighting Traction Control errors putting car into limp mode.

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
Don't the 430s come with 295s?
They do but with wider aft bodies and more extreme rear camber, i.e. -1.15 deg vs -0.5 on 400

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
239 Posts
Also remember that tires of the same nominal size will vary in actual dimensions. So while a particular 295/30-19 may fit, another 295/30-19 tire--even from the same manufacturer--may not fit! This might explain why some people can fit a 305 while others can not fit a 295.

You would think the precise nature of tire size nomenclature would eliminate this but it doesn't. Tirerack.com has specs on nearly all the tires they sell--it's actually a wonderful resource when trying to figure which size/model/brand of tire is more likely to fit.

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
293 Posts
Also remember that tires of the same nominal size will vary in actual dimensions. So while a particular 295/30-19 may fit, another 295/30-19 tire--even from the same manufacturer--may not fit! This might explain why some people can fit a 305 while others can not fit a 295.

You would think the precise nature of tire size nomenclature would eliminate this but it doesn't. Tirerack.com has specs on nearly all the tires they sell--it's actually a wonderful resource when trying to figure which size/model/brand of tire is more likely to fit.

This is the reason why I went with the tire sizes on my Evora S! It just worked out that the front to rear sizes for the PS4S would work to run the 245 front 285 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts