The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have uncovered this today and before I ruin it by turning it into a clock or some other dodab I thought I should at least try and find out what it is.

So over to you guys and girls, what is it people?

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
How big is it? ...relative to anything ... for size proportion.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
how about a side shot? Are there any features on the back?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I looked through my 'Lotus Collectables' book and they didn't show anything. What I did notice is it looks like the front wheel on the Lotus bicycle, perhaps it's a proto-type and the letters PM could be the manufacturer.

If you haven't, go over to the Lotus Forums, either Bibs or Tony K. jr might know what it is. Tony Kimberleys father was CEO for Lotus for many years, I'm sure he would know the answer.

If it were mine I'd leave it alone... it's a piece of history. Trying to make something out of it would be a mistake. Stuff like this is extremely rare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked through my 'Lotus Collectables' book and they didn't show anything. What I did notice is it looks like the front wheel on the Lotus bicycle, perhaps it's a proto-type and the letters PM could be the manufacturer.

If you haven't, go over to the Lotus Forums, either Bibs or Tony K. jr might know what it is. Tony Kimberleys father was CEO for Lotus for many years, I'm sure he would know the answer.

If it were mine I'd leave it alone... it's a piece of history. Trying to make something out of it would be a mistake. Stuff like this is extremely rare.
Thank you thats really helpful advice. Could you please let me have a link to the forum that you suggested.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Maybe not a part to a Lotus car?

I bought some ball valves once for a diesel tank at the plumbing store and then had "Bugatti" for the brand.

I thought that was really weird so I researched it and it's a separate company with the same name.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Now you've got me curious. Please don't do with it what some other numbnuts have done with things like their hardtops as coffee tables etc Sheeesh!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Don't forget the Lotus was involved in lots of things, boats (moonraker), ultralight aircraft, special projects, research...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts