The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to see some high-res photos (or a car in person) before I order. (Which could be this month, according to dealer.)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
or any aubergine cars currently at a dealer?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
Would love to see some high-res photos (or a car in person) before I order. (Which could be this month, according to dealer.)
PS: Consider the car is dirty and pre-prep...poor indoor warehouse lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
Theres one in SD at Symbolic. Looks great :)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1FASTMX5: Whose car is this? Your car, or was it sitting at a dealership?

Gromit: Is that car at Symbolic a demo car, or a customer car?

(Only asking these questions to ascertain the possibility of more photos.)

Anyhow, thanks!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
1fast shot that in the upstairs warehouse at manhattan when picking up a car (if i recall correctly)

is it still there?

now how do i get to SD while they still have the aubergine? hmmmmmm

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
LotusLust said:
1fast shot that in the upstairs warehouse at manhattan when picking up a car (if i recall correctly)

is it still there?

now how do i get to SD while they still have the aubergine? hmmmmmm
Correct! Do not know if it is still there.....but doubt it.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I think I have enough Aubergine data to make a decision -- and I need to make a decision soon; dealer wants my build data by Saturday. So I am going with Aubergine and a black touring interior.

I drove a chrome orange demo car, and quickly concluded that a car as whimsical- and outrageous-looking as the Elise needs a whimsical/outrageous color. (This conclusion was also influenced by ardent and arctic cars I've seen in person... these two more traditional colors make the car look great, without a doubt, but they don't exude a playful spirit...)

Chrome Orange fits the playful/whimsical bill that I think really makes the Elise shine (as does krypton), but I also want something that says "pure reckless car lust" without being TOO over-the-top. That's aubergine, plus I think the color itself is extremely rich and textured. It works really well in full sunlight (judging from pictures).

I only wish that all the black accent pieces could be replaced with parts that contrast better with the dark purple. I'm surprised this isn't an aftermarket option.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Jon, what number have you been bumped to on the list?

As of a few weeks ago, I was told I was #44, but still no call yet. Fine with me, I need some more time to make up my mind :).

But I fear they may call me up any day and say "we need your order now!!"

Nice choice with Aubergine. After seeing this picture I really thought it was a special color:

http://www.lotuscars.com.au/desktop3.html

- John

ps. Do you have a Technoviolet M3?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
suv_bait said:

ps. Do you have a Technoviolet M3?
Hah! Ironically, I do not have a technoviolet M3, but that color does play into my aubergine pick to some extent: When I was shopping for E36es, I found a good deal on a tech-violet, but passed because I didn't think I could handle a purple car. Well, after seeing more and more tech-violets, I concluded that it does sort of work for an E36, and now, four years later, part of my aubergine motivation (a small part) is to "right that wrong decision" that I made in 2000.

As for my list position, I was still #40 as of two weeks ago. Haven't inquired since then, but I don't think I was bumped forward. That said: I do know that some salesmen work some days, and others work other days, and it's very possible that you simply haven't gotten the call yet for that reason. If Lotus is simply asking for the next 10 orders, then this explains your no-call. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if #44 gets a call soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts