The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being organized for Saturday night near Watkins Glen after the Rolex 6 Hours at The Glen. This will be for June 7th.

We will set an exact time and place. Happy to get recommendations for a restaurant.

Attending:

1. Randy Chase
2. (Jordantii) Jordan D'Alessio
3. Bavarian Motorist
4. Tony Vaccaro
5. zygotesoup

Who else?

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
I might make it down....

The Seneca Lodge is a very famous and interesting place. if it is nice that day you can sit out on the deck. They get a little ornary if you stay at the table after you finish your meal and talk. They are a fast in and fast out. They are not cheap on race weekends. I think they have 2 menus....one for race weekends and one for the rest of the time.

We always meet there after the Vintage races in Sept. They have a bar and the deck is right off the bar.

Hunters shoot their arrows into the ceiling....a lot of arrows up there. They also only give out $2 bills and dollar coins for change.

We should get there at 5:30 to eat or else it gets too be too long of a wait. The bar opens in the afternoon....perhaps we can start off at the bar...then eat.

There are a few more bars...restaurants further on down the street. I will ask the LOONYs if they know of any other places in Watkins Glen.

There is the Radisson Hotel in Corning. Great food and only about 25 min from the Glen. But not the ambiance of the Lodge. I may be able to contact them about renting a room...then we can eat in the restaurant.

I do have contacts there....

Edit...I read that too fast..I see you want to do it after the Races....I dont know what time they end...Let me know and I will see if I can find a place.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony. And I do plan on trying to make the LOONY breakfast also. But the LOONY site confuses me as far as schedule. They say that the Sunday is a car show???

The event schedule-http://www.world-challenge.com/files/schedules/2008%20Sahlen%206%20Hr%20WGIR1.pdf

Rolex racing ends at 5:15pm but I have no reason I could not leave a bit earlier. Most of my work happens before the cars race, once they do... I have little to do.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have got some extra free passes. Crap.

Tony, I have a question about your LOONY schedule on Sunday also. The site indicates a British Car Day that day?

I might be staying in Corning at the Radisson.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
I should have got some extra free passes. Crap.

Tony, I have a question about your LOONY schedule on Sunday also. The site indicates a British Car Day that day?

I might be staying in Corning at the Radisson.
Yes..we attend a British car day (put on by the WNY British Car Club) right down the road from Zorbas on Wherle Drive. It starts like 10:30. Normally we dont meet for breakfast before the car show....but since you were coming through.....

The Radisson is a great place. About 20-25 min. from the Glen track. It is usually booked solid on race weekends.

Yes...that would have been great if you could have scrafed up some passes. My son has never been to a 6 hour.

The Radisson is a great place and like I said...I think we could rent a room there for a meeting and then eat there. Last time I was there the food was some of the best hotel food I have ever eaten. When we had the last LOG there (1997)...they served all 350 of us in 20 min. Best service I have ever seen at a LOG. I am a fan of what at that time was theie $12 hamburger. Dont know what it costs now.

Randy, whatever suits your schedule...your the boss on this. I will attempt to work with you on getting this done the best way for you.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tony. I will see if I can still get some passes.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tony, I should have two tickets for you.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Sounds like fun but conflicts with the Canadian GP.
+1 on the Seneca Lodge. The bar is a must-see, steeped in history.
You'll leave with a wallet full of 2 dollar bills and a pocket full 50 cent pieces. Ask to see the real human finger (petrified).

·
Registered
373 Posts
I saw this and was so tempted, but that weekend won't work for me. I had a ball at Seneca Lodge this past weekend, btw. Great bar. The people who run the place are very nice. Have fun at the Glen and at the meet.

Wendy

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn, sorry to miss you Wendy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll be in SF, CA on business. Otherwise, I would have loved to join you guys at the glen...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Another reccommendation for restaurants is the Wildflower Cafe in town. My brother is the head brewer for their brewery

The Wildflower Cafe :: The Crooked Rooster Brewpub :: Watkins Glen, NY :: Rooster Fish Brewing :: Finger Lakes Brewery

Just a suggestion. I would be happy wherever we go... I've never been to the Seneca Lodge, sounds fancy.

Randy - Are there still tickets available for sale if you can't get free ones?

Oh and unfortunately I wont be showing up in a lotus since I don't own one yet... I'll have to use my dumb ol' bmw :sad:

·
Premium Member
6,587 Posts
Would love to go but nephews Grad from GMVS in VT is Sat!!! Seneca Lodge is a hoot!!! Gotta like those 1.50 pints of Gene!!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Since Randy is no longer stopping in Watkins Glen, is this cancled or are some of the LT people still going to the race/dinner? I still plan on going.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
My son and I are going. We plan on taking the Elise...but may take the MINI if it rains. My rear tires are just about bald on the Elise.

I am still up for meeting for dinner at the Seneca Lodge. I think Merlin would be up for that as well. He is meeting us at the races.

Lets get a list going.

Post and I will add it here....or email me at tony *at* lotusowners.com

Meeting for dinner......Seneca Lodge
Tvacc
Tvacc's son

1 - 20 of 29 Posts