The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need an ECU tune soon and the only guy in this business I trust is charliex because he is absolutely honest, knows his sh^t, and ensures reliability.

My understanding is that Charlie will travel to do custom tuning but obviously his expenses must be paid for.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in splitting the travel costs to have Charlie come here and custom tune their ECU on a dyno.

The benefits of this:

1. You can make optimum power for YOUR car rather than just a generic, one-size-fits-all tune

2. You know you're dealing with an honest, stand-up person who is extremely knowledgeable and experienced

3. You can trust that your tune will be reliable and Charliex will stand behind his products.

If you have any mods such as exhaust or intake, this is a must. Even a stock car can benefit from this.

Even if you have an S/C or aftermarket tune, Charliex can tune anything given the time.

So would anyone be interested? This is a great opportunity :)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Forget east coast Charlie for So Cal!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I remember he was considering offering tunes for BWR SC cars, whats his latest on that?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
So far it works fine on the BWR cars since they're basically the same. For the 06's i haven't released the latest DBW code which prevents some cars from getting that throttle error code, that should be ready next week.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I could be interested...
Any tunings done for S240 yet?

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sign me up. I would love a new tune specific to my car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Count me in as well. I have an 06 with BWR and arquay twin and would love a custom dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Charlie, maybe you could chime in and let us know what we might expect. For instance, PES BWR tune from 6/1/08. What might I expect from the car when it's done? Smoother, faster, etc? The car runs very well now, I can't imagine it being any better, but hell there's always something to improve.

Car is BWR SC, Larini exhaust, desnorkeled with green filter.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
since we use a larger fuel/spark map it should provide better driveability and you'll get the adaptive switch so it helps with gas mileage. should be a smoother curve too..

as for power increases well it'll be at least the as the ronins anything gained from there will be down to different engine bits, pully sizes, colder air etc.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Good initiative BM! Too early for me unfortunately :( :(
I hope to buy the new mystery CharlieX SC/IC kit later this summer so it doesn't make sense for me to spend tuning money on my current NA setup. If it Charlie will be around later this year, I'm in though!

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
Charlie -

Zammy and I were wondering if any progress on tunes for our XRSs.

Thanks.

-g

1 - 20 of 47 Posts