The Lotus Cars Community banner

Any interest in lowering springs for your Elige ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am currently designing springs for my Elise that I use for AutoX.

We all know how soft stock springs are...

So I'm thinking of using stiffer springs on the stock damper for a cheaper alternative to coil-overs.

Would there be any interest in the community for this suspension product ?

Changing springs on our cars is very easy.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I would be interested as I just learned from another guy that stiffer is necessary with AutoX. Do you have spring rates in mind already?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a pic on stock suspension (non-sport springs)

Rates:
200 lbs/in
285 lbs/in

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I asked about this last week and was told could machine what holds the spring to drop it? I haven't looked, but was planning on doing that.

·
Premium Member
6,595 Posts
Options abound if its stiffer ---> race etc springs you want. Nitron, Ohlins, Penske etc>>>>

·
Registered
393 Posts
my question is.. If you change the spring rates on a "soft" shock then the valving is going to be altered and the shock won't perform as it should, no? Aren't the shocks matched to the spring rates on these cars?
Not hating, I'm just curious about this.

I'd be interested in stiffer and .5" lower-

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
As long as we are listing wishes: I would like to see stiffer non progressive rate springs for track pack bilstiens

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
my question is.. If you change the spring rates on a "soft" shock then the valving is going to be altered and the shock won't perform as it should, no? Aren't the shocks matched to the spring rates on these cars?
Not hating, I'm just curious about this.

I'd be interested in stiffer and .5" lower-
definately but there is usually an acceptable range the dampers can tolerate. You may be able to get higher performance with stiffer springs on shocks, but it is of course dependant on many factors.

Really the best way to test is with a stopwatch. Theoretical musing or simulation of the results is difficult

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking for a tester for these springs.

You can choose 50% or 100% stiffer.

Contact me via PM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts