The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hi - i am new to the Lotus community. i just bought a 2005 SY Elise from some first class folks in NoVa. I've seen very few Lotuses in Richmond (maybe only 2 or 3 in the last couple of years). Just wondering if there are any local Lotus owners around here.
Is anybody the "team mom" organizing any events? i'm not a huge social events kinda guy, but would be interested in talking a little Lotus talk every once in a while.

Please post or PM me as I'd like to see everyone's cars and assoicated modifications.

I prolly need to change my name from "buyalotus" to "boughtalotus"! I love this little car. it is a lot of fun to drive!

Glad to be a newby on lotustalk.com. This is really a unique car forum. there are a lot of knowledgeable and skillful people out there in the Lotus Community. I look forward to meeting some of yall. Regards, Syd

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome, Syd. There are a few active enthusiasts in Richmond that keep in touch.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Congradulations on the new purchase! Now I will be able to blame any accusations of wrong doings on the other yellow Elise in the Richmond area! ;) I drive mine daily and frequently have complete strangers come up and list various places they have seen me driving around, sitting at stop lights, what stores I have parked at, etc. (at times it really is kind of freaky!)

Three of us just got together for lunch today at Schlotzsky's (corner of Midlothian and Courthouse). The Captain (Aspen White 2005 Elise), Rookie999 (Krypton Green 2006 Elise) and me (Solar Yellow 2006 Elise). We all live over in the Midlothian area. What area of town do you live/work in? Maybe we could get another lunch or some other get together to meet each other.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Syd Bougt A Lotus

Hey Syd,
Congratulations and welcome to the Lotus community. I'm sure The Captain, Baysailor, or me will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

I'll take some liberty here & comment - Baysailor is the resident "tinkerer" of all things mechanical, especially Lotus. The Captain is the "go fast" person of the group with tons of track time. And Rookie999, well he's still trying to figure out what to be when he grows up! But most of all we are Lotus geeks I guess.

Let us know where you are in the Richmond area and maybe we can all meet for lunch in the near future.

Again, welcome & congrats.
Bill B

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm looking forward to joining the Lotus community within the next week or so, and am glad to see there are some "locals". I'm still browsing online for an Elise or Exige, but may end up buying from the local dealer. I can't wait to have it in the garage...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the follow up Capn, Baysailor and Rookie! Xviper - good luck on your future Lotus purchase (I have a 96 R/T 10 as well). Glad to see there are a few of us in Richmond. I live in goochland and my office is near 295 and Rt. 1 just North of Richmond. Lunch would be fine sometime. I just need to start looking at this thread more often. PM if any of yall want to get together.

Rookie - thanks for the brief intro to the Capn, Baysailor and yourself. I have only been to the track 3 times in other cars - not the Elise so far. Mostly just piddle around and drive them occasionally. I'll go to a car show like at brown's island on occasion or for coffee with the Ferrari guys every once and a while. Went to Viper Days at VIR one time - those guys are "into it" too much for my liking.

I'd love to see what mods yall have. It looks like Baysailor is loaded down wtih them! i see he has a top speed pro 1 exhaust. i just bought one last week and it should be UPS'd to me tomorrow. Can't wait to get that on. also, am sending out the center console, A/C surround and engine covers to chuck risen here on LT. his work really looks good.

Thanks for the warm welcome and hope to see yall soon! regards, Syd.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Buyalotus,

Where you driving down Hull Street Road (Route 360) yesterday? I was sitting waiting for the light at Hull and Warbro Road (beside the WalMart) waiting to turn left on to Hull and a yellow Elise went by heading west. Once the light changed and I got on to Hull Street, I did a U-turn to see if I could catch up to it, but couldn't find where it went.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good eye!

Baysailor - yes that was me. i'm out in goochland but went down to a jobsite on bailey's bridge road and then came back 360W to 288. I haven't seen any lotus cars since i've had mine. Let me know if any of you guys are getting together for lunch or something! Hope to see you on the road sometime too! regards, syd

·
Registered
121 Posts
Baysailor - yes that was me. i'm out in goochland but went down to a jobsite on bailey's bridge road and then came back 360W to 288. I haven't seen any lotus cars since i've had mine. Let me know if any of you guys are getting together for lunch or something! Hope to see you on the road sometime too! regards, syd
Looking forward to meeting you folks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Count another Elise owner in Midlothian. Long time lurker; first time poster. I too live just off of 711 and 288. I work in the same building as "the Captain." My car is Autumn Gold. I don't believe there are any other Autumn Gold cars in Midlothian (or Virginia for that matter), so if you see one around, it is probably me. I would love to get together for lunch some time.

-Bryan

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
There are also a few older Lotus in Richmond. I have met a few 7, Elan, Europa, M100 and Esprit owners from Richmond. Of course there is a Lotus dealer there also.

·
Registered
183 Posts
hi guys. I am in richmond as well, just off 295 just before it runs into I-64 on the west side. JUst a short hop from the short pump area.

Would love to hook up with the local Lotus crowd.

I feel a bit stupid to have owned the car for nearly a year now and not having thought of reaching out to the forum members in the area.

Cheers!

·
Registered
163 Posts
For those of you have responded, I am a VIR member. Our next two member days are Aug. 23 & 24. If you would like to drive your car on the track I can sponsor you as a guest. As non-members you can only run in touring lites (follow the pace car, no passing) but it is still great fun.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When you say "follow the pace car", you mean only under yellow, right? :D

Would love to get down there that weekend. I may have another option besides using up your guest pass, so hopefully someone here will take you up on your generous offer.

Anyone who accepts this offer, be wary of the request to "drive about a mile ahead of us on Route 360" on the way to the track. This is the Lotus equivalent of a skype hunt, as you will be nothing more than speed trap bait! rotfl

·
Registered
192 Posts
Guy's, I'll try my Log drive with all of you.No response elswhere.Anyone going?
I'm heading for Indy Wed night. Bill B, how bout you.We have not talked for awhile.My brakes are fine. I'm going to Shenny 8-15. may try and do VIR with Mazda.Sorry to horn in on Richmond ( my son lives on Broad St.)At least you guy's are posting.
Bob
Alex, Va.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I would definitely be up for a drive... Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. I would like to get down to VIR again soon. Hopefully Euroclassics will do the VIR event again this Fall. CVBCC's "Classics on the James" car show on Brown's Island is coming up September 13th and 14th.

I am sorry I couldn't make it to the get together at Café Caturra couple Sunday's ago.

Brian

·
Registered
121 Posts
I forgot about VIR this weekend! Hope to hear how it went, and maybe see a picture or two. I just got my 1,000 mile service, so I will make it next time. My horn (if you can call it that) stopped working this morning... at least I have that to talk about! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts