The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
When I was there two weeks ago LSS cars were coming off the assembly line. And there is a rumor, maybe more than a rumor that some LSS cars are at the port of entry.
By the way I picked up both a stnadard wheel and tire and an LSS wheel and tire there is a noticable, very noticable difference in weight. The finish of both wheel types is excellent!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
There are at least 2 LSS cars in port. One is mine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The other one wouldn't happen to be a chrome orange, LSS, Touring package, hardtop, would it?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
mike.griese said:
The other one wouldn't happen to be a chrome orange, LSS, Touring package, hardtop, would it?
OneFastMiata said:
The other is mine.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Randy, I know you said yours was held up at customs. Is it still, or do you think it might be on its way to your dealer now?
Hope you get it soon, I'm sure we would all be interested in getting an LSS review from one of our own:)
Do you plan to try fitting some Hoosiers any time soon or are you going to wait until its better known that they won't rub significantly?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I am supposed to find out later today the status of my (and OFM's... or should I say OFL's) cars. Just sitting naked by my phone right now (pink floyd reference).

It will be good because I have had a little bit of experience in the Euro car. A lot of experience in feeling how the non-LSS car performed. And then I can compare it with the LSS car too.

We intend on trying out Hoosiers, though we have good reason to think they will fit. The concern is the clearance under full compression and while turning. The intention is to not wait, but to blaze a trail. There is a thought that we may end up going with the Avons or Kumhos. The Kumhos are significantly thinner for the same 205 series.

We are scheduled for a day of testing and tuning on August 21 in Los Angeles and August 22 in San Diego. We may also have a test session the following weekend. Then again on Sept 5th, and then the car gets loaded on a trailer or in an enclosed transport for the Kansas trip.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Randy, if I understand you correctly, there are only 2 LSS on land right now?

Any idea when the next shipment will be?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
So Randy, if I understand you correctly, there are only 2 LSS on land right now?
]

No, not at all. I am just saying I know of two. There may be more. I do have an idea of when they started building the LSS cars in UK and so they should be coming in soon.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I believe Scottsdale Lotus' demo car has the LSS. A two weeks ago, they said their car should be arriving at port around 7/30 and in thier dealership by 8/15.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Randy Chase said:
No, not at all. I am just saying I know of two. There may be more.
if you believe rumors...SVAG's demo car has LSS, and is currently stuck in a west coast port awaiting transport...so it appears there are other LSS cars here.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I believe Scottsdale Lotus' demo car has the LSS. A two weeks ago, they said their car should be arriving at port around 7/30 and in thier dealership by 8/15.
Desert Euro's also is LSS - same schedule. although i talked to the dealer yesterday and he said maybe 8/10.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
There is a ship on the east coast that has some LSS cars on it. That ship should be released to unload tomorrow. I don't know how many cars are on it. But they should go through processing in the next 7-10 days.

OneFastLotus... I hope you are clearing a spot for it. :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Randy Chase said:
There is a ship on the east coast that has some LSS cars on it. That ship should be released to unload tomorrow. I don't know how many cars are on it. But they should go through processing in the next 7-10 days.

OneFastLotus... I hope you are clearing a spot for it. :)
Oh, you better believe I am :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts