The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Q

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has an update on any recent deliveries at Matheny Lotus in Jax, Florida?

Last count it was 6 cars... about a month ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
When I was up there a couple weeks ago, they were expecting like 2-3 more that weekend, but I'm not sure if they were actually delivered. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
i am number 8 there and was told that #7 was delivered last week and i am next. but oddly they have NO info at all. no VIN or anything. i am worried a little but i think the guys up there are striahgt up fellas. seem to be anyway.

i am having a hard time because i preordered an slk55 AMG hoping it would get here late this year and i would have the elise for the late summer and fall. now it looks like the slk55 might even be here before the elise :>(

regards
george
 
Q

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I'm real disappointed on how few vehicles they are getting... especially since they've been selling Lotus's for quite a while...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
I got the $ call the last week

They were confirming that I was "still IN". Wanted my permission to run my $500 deposit on my credit card. Andy took my option order as well and was told several weeks ago that the next 20 orders would be asked for any day now. I'm wanting SY with blue touring interior (like the formula one team shot that made me fall in love with the Liz' originally) so he's researching that for me. He said same as above stated that 7 were delivered. October was seeing Lotus ramping up production with new employees and better supply preparedness. They are expecting more cars/month. I'm originally 48 dropped to 45 so they report to me. I asked if April/May sounded like a fair estimation and he thought that was conservative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
They recently delivered their #8 car. They seem to be on schedule with their meager allocation. To my knowledge, there have been no "extra" cars sold to this point either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
hey usofrob,

my buddy is a cop in melboune and he's seen a storm titanium around beachside (riverside drive)...said he's come across it now like 3 times....is that you?..or have you seen anyone else in Melbourne with an elise yet?

Im not expecting mine from the Collection till jan/feb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
_JD_ said:
They recently delivered their #8 car. They seem to be on schedule with their meager allocation. To my knowledge, there have been no "extra" cars sold to this point either.
i hope this is not true as i am #8 there and have not yet got my car. i spoke spoke to bill barton and he gave me a VIN but no clue about ETA :(


george
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
madguppy said:
hey usofrob,

my buddy is a cop in melboune and he's seen a storm titanium around beachside (riverside drive)...said he's come across it now like 3 times....is that you?..or have you seen anyone else in Melbourne with an elise yet?

Im not expecting mine from the Collection till jan/feb
I was driving through Melbourne last Friday, but my car is red.

Someone got a storm titanium at Palm Beach Motors a few months ago (I think it was the first car they got in) and I think they live in Melbourne and a person in Vero got a green one, and someone else in Ft Pierce has a yellow one.

I'm thinking of a Fl based meeting in Mt Dora at their carshow in April. By then most of us should have our cars and Mt Dora is in the middle of the state.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
madguppy said:
hey usofrob,

my buddy is a cop in melboune and he's seen a storm titanium around beachside (riverside drive)...said he's come across it now like 3 times....is that you?..or have you seen anyone else in Melbourne with an elise yet?

Im not expecting mine from the Collection till jan/feb
No, that's not me. :( I just ordered mine, and it is supposed to be Laser Blue when I get it. I play in a volleyball league off riverside drive. I'll warn my friends to look out for a silver Elise.

Oh, and I already fear the cops out there. It's really kind of funny to see everyone afraid of going over the speed limit by even a couple miles per hour. But if you don't want a ticket that's what you've got to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
MGW said:
i hope this is not true as i am #8 there and have not yet got my car. i spoke spoke to bill barton and he gave me a VIN but no clue about ETA :(


george
JD mis-typed. They delivered their 8th car which is far different than car #8. The cars don't come out in exact order. Due to assembly and shipping issues it's quite possible for the #12 car to arrive before the #8 car. Such an event will get some peolple earlier and some later, it's pure luck.


Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Well my buddy found the guy on riverside drive that has the elise...I just did a drive by on Sunday and there she was sitting out in the driveway. Not having seen one before in person...Im guessing it was storm titanium but it sure looked darker than I expected...but still very happy I ordered that color. As I suspected, seeing it in person really has me goin nuts now. I didn't get my nerve up enuff to drive up and bother the guy on a Sunday afternoon so I just sat there staring at it for 10 minutes. I dont wanna give out the persons actual address but if ya wanna see it...it's about 1/4 mile north from Dijon's restaurant on your left (on the river)...its a circular driveway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Is that the same Dijon's that used to be in Lantana?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
Sownman said:
JD mis-typed. They delivered their 8th car which is far different than car #8. The cars don't come out in exact order. Due to assembly and shipping issues it's quite possible for the #12 car to arrive before the #8 car. Such an event will get some peolple earlier and some later, it's pure luck.


Steve
You're a good man- that indeed was my intended meaning.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top