The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious how many NC buyers are on the list? BTW I'm #33 at LOA. I haven't had to spec out my car yet but I'm looking forward to it.....soon?

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
John_Mc Sorry to tell you but your not. I am #72 LOA. I am From Raleigh and I think there is someone From CARY and Wilmington Also. Good luck and injoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another one!

Yep, I'm in Raleigh too. #29 at Valenti.....I speced my car out several months ago, but don't really expect to see it before 1st quarter of 2005. I'm keeping my fingers crossed at any rate.

Winter isn't bad here, so it'll get driven ASAP regardless of the month of delivery!!

-rev9

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just an FYI, I'm told by Mark Starr (and if there's any dealer I'd somewhat trust to not BS, it would be him) at Hunting Ridge that my #50 at his dealership should get me my car by Christmas of this year. YMMV.

--Donnie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry, not checking in until recently again,

I'm in the Southport area, I know of another in Wilmington. There was a low lister, teens I think at LOA in SC or GA and he was hoping to have his car by Labor Day. He had plans to be here at Holden Beach on the Labor Day weekend. If I remember right he was an LSS. So I doubt Labor Day will happen.

The guy from Wilmington is into about every kind of racing there is. Autocross, hill-climb, track days. He's even heading to Nurburing here in a couple of weeks. I'm green!

I'm 48 down to #45 at Matheny in Jacksonville. Closest service is Charlotte from what I understand? I was told about one place in North Mytle Beach that is great with Jag's and other Brit' cars. Warranty is a major concern for me with Lotus' history.

So I'll suggest it, Spring '05 all of us to "the Gap"!!??

I'm almost certain I'll have my SY, tour, no HT, by Azalea Festival '05. There is usually an autox or two during that. I'll make sure we have a big warehouse to park in if we would want to organize a beach weekend Lotus get together?

·
Registered
114 Posts
JD

nope not so lucky here (#13)

I remember seeing that, it's in the listers signature? Forget who it is though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
mslpilot said:
The guy from Wilmington is into about every kind of racing there is. Autocross, hill-climb, track days. He's even heading to Nurburing here in a couple of weeks. I'm green!.

So I'll suggest it, Spring '05 all of us to "the Gap"!!??
I'm already planning on leading a Club111 mountain drive in June 2005. We'll do Deal's Gap and a bunch of other great runs. Stay tuned for details.

--"the guy from Wilmington" (leaving for Nurburgring in 3 days!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
spindoc

If you don't come back and post pictures, you will be flogged!

Have a great time and come back and tell us all about it. You know you're doomed to be my local driving instructor. I'm a renegade street racer and moto-cross sportbike type. You'll have your work cut out for you?

Working in my disfavor is my last experience was all high speed, Supra handling corrected stuff. I'm really worried of mistakes that I'll be making in the mid engine realm? To further complicate things, I'm back on the LSS bandwagon after the post from the Gonzaba guy. If it can not flinch at Texas railroad crossings..... sign me up!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Any NC Elise owners?

mslpilot,

I just visited Carolina Motor Cars in Charlotte, NC that used to be a Lotus dealership. They can service the Lotus, but not warrenty work. I was thinking about getting an Elise, since I thought they could do Lotus warrenty work. But now I find that I am stuck with the closest dealer is Atlanta if some thing goes wrong with the car.

What are you other NC guys doing about Lotus service with the Elise? Am I being overly concerned with this major inconveince?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am also on the list at LOA and hope to have mine sometime in the summer of 2005. I live near Winston-Salem. Any other prospective buyers in the area?

·
Duke
241 Posts
I'm number 71 at LOA and live in the Charlotte area (Harrisburg). Best I can tell, I should get the car in the March / April time frame.

·
Registered
364 Posts
arandolph, blackz:

What are you guys doing about Lotus service and warrenty with the Elise?

Am I being overly concerned with this major inconvenience since Atlanta is the closest dealership?

·
Duke
241 Posts
investment opportunity

I agree that service will be a hassle, but it isn't like we have much of a choice! My hope is that many of the engine parts will be available through our local Toyota dealerships. Carolina Motor Cars in Charlotte claims they will do service, but they stock no parts and will not do warranty work. Your other options are to become a shade-tree mechanic or gain familiarity with the highway to Atlanta. This car is not very sophisticated and I plan on doing most of the upkeep myself. Perhaps some wealthy enthusiast reading this thread will open up a dealership in Charlotte. Come on, you can do it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm somewhere around #100 at LoA. I'm a bit closer (Greenville, SC), but 2.5 hours is still a trek for service. I plan on doing all the 'little' stuff myself and keeping receipts/records/etc.

·
Registered
364 Posts
arandolph,

I agree to doing the typical service myself. It is the major or even minor warrenty work that becomes a hastle. I need to talk to LOA about other creative ways of getting warrenty work performed or reimbursed.

I already know the highway to Atlanta, since I frequent the Road Atlanta race track. I will even have a trailer to take the car to the dealer, if it is really broke and just leave it and pick it up later.

Maybe you can become the expert that we can all come to :clap: Or better yet we can form a support group here in Charlotte if there are enough owners.

I am not the rich one to get a dealership. Wish Hendrick would. Any others?

·
Duke
241 Posts
I work at Hendrick Motorsports and will mention it to Rick. I would try and bribe him with a drive in my new Elise (whenever it arrives), but he recently took delivery of a Carrera GT that looks much more interesting! Are you a member of the national Lotus Owner's Group? They were trying to start a Charlotte chapter and gathering names to measure interest. Let me know if you need a contact to get on the list.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts