The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for pricing discussion on new 2011 Elise SC, but didn't find what I was looking for, so I thought I'd just come out and ask. Where do most dealers stand in regard to pricing for new 2011 Elise SCs? Are they going for MSRP, or will they come down in price? If so, about how much? Also, is it possible to order one from a dealer, or is it too late to do so?

I haven't made up my mind on a new 2011, but I saw one in person and I really was surprised how much I liked it. I think I may end up having to go with a used one, though, as the prices are more in line with what I'm willing to pay for a toy.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
In the US all cars that are left is all there is. No more ordering in the US. All new cars are negotiable. Make sure you are pre-approved for a loan before you go in if you can't do cash. Make a fair offer, do not try and lowball and see where they stand. Most times I wait until the end of the month as dealers tend to offer better incentives at the end of the month. For instance: if a dealer sells 25 cars they get an extra 5% off of all the cars they sell. But if they sell 30 cars they get an extra 7.5% off ALL the cars they sell that month. Please keep in mind that this is just an example and quotas and discounts are just estimates. BUT, since there is only a limited number of new Lotus cars available and no more new Elise or Exige cars are coming to the US for who nows how many years, if you wait the car may be gone. But like I said if you are pre-approved and make a fair offer MOST dealers will make a deal. Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I assumed that it was too late to order, but I figured I'd ask just in case. Any idea on how much most dealers will come down on price for a car like this?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
FYI, only 4 new Elise SC's showing in the system for the whole US.
While everything is negotiable, this doesn't make for the best of levers for a buyer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
FYI, only 4 new Elise SC's showing in the system for the whole US.
Ron Tonkin here in Portland shows two just at this one dealership you sure there are only 4 left?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts