The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my second post, I live in north western CT and I picked up a 2006 elise last October, and its been hibernating most of the winter since. I took it out this last weekend to RI for a trip with my girlfriend and its a blast to drive this car around with the top off in a public area like Newport.
Anyway I come from the NASIOC forums and was a huge part of the new england area in particular for about 8 years setting up meet and greets, karting trips Etc... Anyone here in the CT interested in getting out to a karting trip at either On Trak in Wallingford or Grand Prix New York in Mt Kisco? Or any other venue for that matter. I miss getting out with other car enthusiats and hanging out.
Anyone here autocross? I am do a few in the spring and in the fall, summer is too hot and busy for me to sit in a parking lot for a day, and get a whopping 2 minutes of seat time.
So is there any interest in setting up a little thing for the new england people?
I hope so, the Subaru club was huge in the meet and greets, I hope we can do something like that (I know there are far more scoobs than lotus's).
Steve
2006 Graphite Grey
Elise
No mods yet :evil:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Steve took my car out on that 75 degree friday. Had A blast after A long winter. Now it's back in the garage covered. Maybe we should do A cars and coffee at A agreed upon location when the weather gets warmer. Jeff

·
Registered
593 Posts
I hope to have my car on the road this weekend if weather permits. Just put insurance back on for saturday. Will be at gberry starbucks sunday morning.

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
358 Posts
My car's out and I've been driving around southern RI for the last 2 days. I'd be glad to meet someplace in the New Haven/Hartford area sometime.

Anyone going to the Waltham AM of NE meet and greet?

·
Registered
593 Posts
My car's out and I've been driving around southern RI for the last 2 days. I'd be glad to meet someplace in the New Haven/Hartford area sometime.

Anyone going to the Waltham AM of NE meet and greet?
Come out to Glastonbury Starbucks on Sunday mornings. 8-11am give or take an hour. Its just a bunch of people who meet up for a cars and coffee. Usually mostly Ferrari's, but you can see just about anything some days.

address - 140 Glastonbury Road, Glastonbury, CT. In the back.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The car has been moved to the garage, prepped and ready to go...

Now if only the weather would cooperate:mad:

e

·
Registered
100 Posts
BMAN, I think I'm going. My little brother goes to UCONN. Umass has a great car show too up there in Amherst. I think the UMASS show is a lot better but I am a UMASS AMHERST alumn so what do I know?

Are you going? Let me know and if you are and maybe know of some other Lotus people going then I'll definitely follow you up there.

Chris

·
Registered
100 Posts
To answer the OP question, OF COURSE! If it's not raining or snowing and it's above 40 degrees or so then I'm out just driving around if anything. Usually I make up reasons or excuses to go out somewhere just to get in the car. Beats the hell out of a Wrangler.

What's going on in New England in the near future? Can we all get together for a long drive?

91 in Massachusetts is beautiful and 9, south of Boston is nice too. I enjoy cruising on the Merrit if it's outside of rush hour and 95 has some decent stretches through southern Mass. 495 in Mass is pretty good too.

Let's gooooo come onnnnn!! Pull the cream puffs out of the garage, it's just a car!

·
Registered
593 Posts
BMAN, I think I'm going. My little brother goes to UCONN. Umass has a great car show too up there in Amherst. I think the UMASS show is a lot better but I am a UMASS AMHERST alumn so what do I know?

Are you going? Let me know and if you are and maybe know of some other Lotus people going then I'll definitely follow you up there.

Chris
Chris,
Never been to the UMASS show but the UCONN show has grown every year i have gone. I want to say the last time I went there were about 1000 plus cars there.
I plan on going to the UCONN show provided weather permits. Yea i am hoping we can get a few people from here and we could meet up at Gberry Starbucks and caravan up. I will have a friend with me who has a GT3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To answer the OP question, OF COURSE! If it's not raining or snowing and it's above 40 degrees or so then I'm out just driving around if anything. Usually I make up reasons or excuses to go out somewhere just to get in the car. Beats the hell out of a Wrangler.

What's going on in New England in the near future? Can we all get together for a long drive?

91 in Massachusetts is beautiful and 9, south of Boston is nice too. I enjoy cruising on the Merrit if it's outside of rush hour and 95 has some decent stretches through southern Mass. 495 in Mass is pretty good too.

Let's gooooo come onnnnn!! Pull the cream puffs out of the garage, it's just a car!
If you like cruising up toward I-91 north, try Rt 2 west to Rt 112 into Southern Vermont. A nice road for a cruise... I live up in Western Mass and there are many roads with nice curves and not too many local cops....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thompson, CT here, Elise came out for it's first cruise today. Ran into a lotus cruise of some sort in Woodstock, CT today when I was out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts