The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any new information. Will they be getting a demo along with the other west coast dealers?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Raise your hand if you wish you had called Galpin when first reading that thread? :clap:

If they really do get cars along with the rest of the dealers, it will be the Hot Deal of the year. I can't wrap my head around the possibility that with a timely phonecall I could have had Spot #8 instead of a $2500 markup at Desert Euro. Ouch.

But, uh, I don't have any new information for you. I did drive by Galpin and that place is Huuuge..

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Raise your hand if you wish you had called Galpin when first reading that thread? :clap:

If they really do get cars along with the rest of the dealers, it will be the Hot Deal of the year. I can't wrap my head around the possibility that with a timely phonecall I could have had Spot #8 instead of a $2500 markup at Desert Euro. Ouch.

But, uh, I don't have any new information for you. I did drive by Galpin and that place is Huuuge..
what # are you @ DE?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I was in there last week (my other car gets serviced there)

They had a Von Dutch Jag XK140 in mint condition, A Vanquish in for its first service, An Aston Martin Lagonda (I've never seen one of those in the flesh before), An Aston Marting DB7 AR1, and a bullet proof Lincoln town car, together with a bullet proof door with the damage of being shot at with various calibers.

I love going there, the always have stuff worth looking at.

Steve

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Not really "new" news, I suppose, but I just called David Gutierrez at Galpin and inquired about the demo car. They are expecting their demo car "before the end of the month."

I must admit that I'm a bit surprised that Galpin will receive a demo so quickly after signing a Dealership contract with Lotus. But I'm not going to question it! :p Hopefully it's all true and Galpin will have a demo available for test drives soon!

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I wonder if that was part of a plan all along (they have always said they would add more dealers... and those dealers will need demos too)... or maybe they diverted over someone's demo. Maybe someone that no longer has a facility?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I haven't done the maths yet, but there does seem to be a lot more cars than I would have expected.

With Fox receiving "only receive 40 Elise's by 10/31/04" and them not claiming to be the #1 dealer (at least I dont remember them claiming that), that would suggest maybe 1000 cars by November total. Which is roughly 40% of Lotus' estimated car production in 33% of the production run.

When you add in the initial "ramp-up" period, it seems like Lotus is producing cars far faster than they've suggested, which would result in them being able to supply to new dealerships while maintaining promised supply to current dealers.

Again, this is all guestimation.

EDIT - 'With Fox receiving "only receive' - hehehe :) That's gotta be my worst yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts