The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly awaing any news..

I'm debating if I should put a deposit down now or wait till we have an official word saying that the elise is coming.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed them a couple of days ago and they didn't tell me anything new. John Scotti told me that they expect official word in December.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's been a while since I lasted posted here.

I'm still anxiously waiting info as well. None of the Canadian dealer's websites have been updated concerning it's arrival and the last time I checked Car Trader magazine, John Scotti's ad says they're taking orders (for 2005's if I remember correctly).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Peter R said:
It's been a while since I lasted posted here.

I'm still anxiously waiting info as well. None of the Canadian dealer's websites have been updated concerning it's arrival and the last time I checked Car Trader magazine, John Scotti's ad says they're taking orders (for 2005's if I remember correctly).
Ok im excited! lol

Please keep us posted. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I contacted John Scotti about this issue. Here is his reply.

"Hi Dan,
we should know this month if Transport Canada will give the OK for the Elise they OK the Bumper and now they are studying the headlight but the engineer in charge of the Elise case is in vacation until next week , so I will let you know as soon as I get it but it looks good...

Thank you"

Sounds like a step in the right direction to me. :clap:

·
Registered
276 Posts
found this article on the net:

STILL NO LOTUS ELISE FOR CANADIAN DRIVERS

Officials at Lotus Cars USA recently announced a change in pricing for their 2005 Elise model, but there is still no change regarding the car's future in Canada.

Official word from Duluth, Ga., is that they're still working on a business plan for getting the two-seat sportscar, which costs $42,990 US south of the border, into Canada.

It also is not possible to bring a used version of the Elise into Canada, at least according to the folks at Transport Canada, who decide these things.

Lotus puts responsibility for the price increase right at the door of the current exchange rate between the American dollar and the British pound.

Lotus Cars USA CEO John English says, "In light of the continued erosion of the U.S. dollar versus the pound sterling and the resulting pressure on our costs, we have no choice at this time but to make an adjustment in the Elise price structure."

This is the first price hike to be blamed on the currency shifts, but it probably won't be the last as car makers in Britain and continental Europe struggle to cope with the new exchange reality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is an e-mail I got today. Sounds like good news to me. :nanner:

We just received a Lotus Elise that will be here for you to see until the 13 of March and will be display at the Ottawa car show from the 17th to the 20th,we are still working on the final testing in UK to get the car approved by Transport Canada but everything is very positive so far , we are almost positive that we will see the fist cars on the road this Summer , so for the one that already put a deposit keep your finger crossed and the other come down to see this beast and you will put your deposit because you will not want to wait to long to have the chance to own this very special automobile , if you want more info on the car or the status with Transport Canada , please send me a quick email or call me...Thank you

Bernard Durand

John Scotti Automotives Ltee
4550 Metropolitain east
St-Leonard,Montreal,
Quebec,Canada H1S 3A8
Tel:514-735-0555
Fax:514-735-3477

www.johnscotti.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update on Canadian Elises:

One of the members of the Ferrari chat site I visit regularily, who is from Ottawa, mentioned he's not only seen, but sat in this Elise (mentioned in xenon's recent post) that's at Scotti. He has an order for one with them. Scotti is still confident that it will pass regs and be on the road later this year. It will still make an appearance at the Ottawa show later this month. I just thought to pass along this bit of info (even though it isn't much more than what we currently know now).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.