The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if any Lotus NJ runs/meets coming up?

Had fun at the last fish and chips run.

I guess the AC trip with BM fizzled out. :shrug:

I miss Exarkun. He always organized stuff.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you did not already know there are organized clubs in your proximity. If you are South Jersy or close to PA there is PALS - Philadelphia area Lotus Society. Our events are regularly posted on Lotus Talk and we have a Yahoo group (see my signature).

If you are North Jersey than LEO - Lotus Enthusiasts Organization may be more appropriate.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you did not already know there are organized clubs in your proximity. If you are South Jersy or close to PA there is PALS - Philadelphia area Lotus Society. Our events are regularly posted on Lotus Talk and we have a Yahoo group (see my signature).

If you are North Jersey than LEO - Lotus Enthusiasts Organization may be more appropriate.
Thanks- I am aware of both groups but have not seen any events posted recently so I asked.

Sometimes a few local owners get together for chinese buffet/go kart etc.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Well Bob, this is your chance to try an auto-X. July 11th is one down at Englishtown and on the 12th is a BMW one.

I recommend coming to the BMW one b/c it goes a lot quicker, is more laid back, and they allow ride-a-longs. This way if you don't wanna try it, you can at least ride along in someone's car and see what it's like. I think I'm gonna have to call out NJ Drool and Laurie1027 and say you better be there. :D

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but a couple of my gear synchronizers went out and during the time my crankshaft pulley broke, it damaged the clutch plate, so both gear synchros and clutch had to be replaced. I gotta call the mechanic and see when the estimated completion time is. Should be done by now.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but a couple of my gear synchronizers went out and during the time my crankshaft pulley broke, it damaged the clutch plate, so both gear synchros and clutch had to be replaced. I gotta call the mechanic and see when the estimated completion time is. Should be done by now.
:eek:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I miss Exarkun. He always organized stuff.
funny, i was just saying, this is the summer to be without a lotus- nothing is going on!

you should try an auto x. a ton of fun with no danger..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well Bob, this is your chance to try an auto-X. July 11th is one down at Englishtown and on the 12th is a BMW one.

I recommend coming to the BMW one b/c it goes a lot quicker, is more laid back, and they allow ride-a-longs. This way if you don't wanna try it, you can at least ride along in someone's car and see what it's like. I think I'm gonna have to call out NJ Drool and Laurie1027 and say you better be there. :D
hmmm... i might go to watch. but definitely wont be driving... not yet.
Is everyone going both days??

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Kinda bummer. Let us know when ur up and going.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Like I said, I'm gonna shoot for the Sunday BMW one on the 12th. The BMW one is at Commerace Ball Park of of Rte 287 near Bridgewater. At least here, you can ride along in anyone's car and it's more laid back and fun. Trust me, Bob & Laurie, take a ride in mine or Midashand's car and you'll wanna take a run yourself.

Midashands, are you gonna be there?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,083 Posts
LEO events

Here in North NJ, the annual LEO Picnic and Rally (in conjunction with other British Car clubs) takes place on Sunday, July 19 in Long Valley, NJ (Schooley's Mountain Park)

Then on August 16 (Sunday) we are presenting a Spirited Drive with the help of EZMoney...starting from Pine Bush NY (Bear Mountain area)

Lots more going on in September and October too (sheesh, where has the year gone??? :eek: )

++++++++++++

Some LEO members are getting together at the Vanderbilt Concours on Long Island in August, also...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
MacDady - On the 11th I will be at Englishtown and on the 12th I think I am going to try and go to the Nanuet, NY event with MSNE. Motorsports NE lost their lot at Giant Stadium and this will be the first event I am attending of theirs this year.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts