The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Single day event this Saturday the 10th with sign up | Laps Incorporated
Festival of the Vine is going on so hotel space is tight in downtown Elkhart but still plenty of room in the surrounding communities. Supposed to be sunny with a high in the upper 60's, will hopefully make for some good lap times!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi Ken - good seeing you at the track. Still very frustrated that I had to leave after 1.5 sessions. Stupid Pirellis, just ordered a new set of Michelin PSS's. Should have swapped out the Pirelli's long ago, oh well, live and learn. Maybe I've gotten fast enough that I need some dedicated track tires?

At least I got to stock up on New Glarus & Ale Asylum though! :coolnana:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Dude - what happened?

I saw your car at LFSC the other day (Kurrum's was in the other bay).

Does it really eat tires like that?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Pirellis don't handle heat well and tend to understeer - the combination causes the chunking you see. Also my fault, I was due for a new set of tires anyhow. Those had 1 day at Blackhawk, 2 or 3 days at Autobahn, and 2 days at RA on them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dude - what happened?

I saw your car at LFSC the other day (Kurrum's was in the other bay).

Does it really eat tires like that?
Why are you always hanging around LFSC? It's not even close to where you live.... :huh: :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
He is clearly hitting on their receptionist! :D
Brin's hotness aside, I thought we'd established that the smoking was a major turn-off

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Brin's hotness aside, I thought we'd established that the smoking was a major turn-off
oh, I think thats still established :wave: ... but a little window shopping for Jeff releases some of that built up energy ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rats! Was sorry to hear of your tire issue, more sorry I was doing classroom during the little time you were able to get on track, most sorry to hear the east coast news. However, I’ve got to tell you that between the two pictures, I'm more impressed with the second than the first. Just goes to show how well prepared you were to spend some time in Wisconsin!

Hope to catch up again soon. Maybe Lotus Corps @ BFR Monday?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Why are you always hanging around LFSC? It's not even close to where you live.... :huh: :D
Dude, I think I've actually been there like 3 times in the last two years - your fancy pants car was taking up a bay each and every time! :). Owen showed me you've got some paint/starshield issues by the rear gaps?

This time I was there to get a coolant bubble out (I don't have that fancy valve thingie). And yep, it's not close, but I was two miles from there for a lunch meeting with Grainger.

Or the alternative - drive 790 hours to Indy to have TJ do it. Dopey Brin and her pack of Kools or TJ yelling at me. Tough decision! :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
You guys all gonna be at the Lotus Corp day at Blackhawk on Monday?

I'll be there - get all this damn rain out of Mother Nature's system this week.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
In my (very biased) opinion, Road America is one of the best circuits in North America.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hope to catch up again soon. Maybe Lotus Corps @ BFR Monday?
Sorry I wasn't able to give you a ride, Ken. I'm not sure what my track schedule is going to be. Possibly Road America with Northwoods Shelby on June 28-29.

Thomasio said:
In my (very biased) opinion, Road America is one of the best circuits in North America.
I agree, RA is great, although sometimes I like Blackhawk better. RA definitely has a great combination of technical and flow. I feel like Blackhawk is all flow and Autobahn is all technical, especially the south circuit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts