The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that my stock Yokohama tires are reaching the wear bars in the back, so it's time to think of new tires.

I see that lots of you are very happy with Toyo R888, which is one tire I'm considering.

However, given that my car will see almost exclusively street driving, and only occasional AutoX or tracking, I'm thinking of maybe optimizing for the street at the cost of the other activities.

Are any of you guys using Toyo T1R? They seem to be available in sports pack sizes:
Toyo T1R

To answer some suggestions which I'm sure will come soon. Yes, I'd love to have a set of daily driver wheels and tires and a separate set for the track, but I have no room to store them right now.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Not to add to any confusion but many run Bridgestone RE01Rs in 205/45R16 front and 245/40R17 rear for the sports pack sizes, myself included. They are a great street tire but my hill climbing stopped in them completely. However, I no longer tense with fear when driving through puddles. I could imagine tracking these, albeit without the same times as R compounds, now that I have gotten used to them.

As you elude to already, there are trade offs between R compound tires and street tires.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks for the links. I guess R888's are the answer :D. I wonder why my search for T1R returned no results.

·
Registered
232 Posts
There has been some good press on the R1R's. I'm considdering them for the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts