The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Greatings... I'm from just up the road in Baker Oregon, but I live in Seattle these days :). Been wanting to take the road between Vale and Union in the Elise, then over Dooly Mt. road... one of these days when I'm home visiting the folks. Just gotta watch out for the deer!!

Oh, and the road to Sun Valley would be a hoot too!

Cheers!
LP

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well, as you already know, I'm here. Nice to meet you to by the way, but I hope to have an "introduction" in person some time, if you're up for it. :).

There are two other locals that I know of that are on the forum: Slaughtr (green turbocharged Elise and a very nice/fun guy) and overkil (orange Elise, have yet to meet him in person).

I also know of three other owners: my neighbor has a black Elise, someone else has another ardent red Elise, and someone in eagle has another green one.

I've seen a few others driving around, but haven't been in contact with any of them.

Nick

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is nice to meet you nick. i would like to meet. i thought maybe a thread for us idaho people might be nice. i just know so little about these cars i thought networking with some people who have them would be a great way to learn. little things where to get the oil changed, what simple mods can be done. stuff like that. im not much of a motor head so im little nervous ripping into my car too much

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's all good. We can meet up sometime and talk about it, or if you want I could just answer as many questions as I can on here.

As far as racetracks or autocross go, you have to try it at least once! That's part of the hidden contract when you purchase one of these cars ;).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well that sounds great. ill start asking now. Thanks for all your help

1. where do you have your oil changed? or do you do it yourself?
2. what mods have you done to yours that you would recommend for a beginner?
3. any local places to get some non stock wheels from? chrome or black chrome
4. i found some speaker boxes that go behind the seat to fit a 10' sub. have you done any sound work?
5. Do you have any pics of yours? i would love to see it.

Thank you again. its nice to have someone to chat with about these great cars

·
Registered
437 Posts
well that sounds great. ill start asking now. Thanks for all your help

1. where do you have your oil changed? or do you do it yourself?
I go to Rod's repair on Chinden. He's one of my buddies and knows what he is doing. Although, I might just start doing oil changes myself to save some money.

2. what mods have you done to yours that you would recommend for a beginner?
Exhaust seems to be a favorite among first mods. Some others include multivex mirrors, a smaller rear view mirror, and improving the shifter (which I'm planning on doing soon).

3. any local places to get some non stock wheels from? chrome or black chrome
I'm afraid not. The dimensions on wheels for these cars are pretty unique, so wheels will have to be ordered online. I must warn yo ahead of time, though, you better have your flame suit on if you put chrome wheels on your beauty.

4. i found some speaker boxes that go behind the seat to fit a 10' sub. have you done any sound work?
There are actual boxes/subs that are designed specifically for our cars. I'll try to find it, but I believe it's called the JLstealthbox or something like that. I have yet to do any sound work, but i plan to in the short future. I plan to actually take the stereo and speakers out of the car for weight savings.

5. Do you have any pics of yours? i would love to see it.
I will try to find some pictures...

Thank you again. its nice to have someone to chat with about these great cars

Don't forget to use the search function. It's a really helpful tool!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for info on Rods. is he in garden city? i agree a smaller rear view mirror would be nice. i am a big fan of the chrome over the silver wheels, but i cant find any. probably a reason for that. i found a box on ebay that looks nice. i didnt know if maybe you already used one. here is the link for the the box eBay Motors: lotus elise exige custom carbon fiber speaker box 10 " (item 260356612406 end time Mar-04-09 22:44:26 PST)

ive been searching the site since i got it. great place for info. Im just trying to figure all this out. if i have a sports package or not. do i have the touring package. lol. to be honest i dont know the difference yet. Thank you again for ALL of your help. i appreciate it so much

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nick,

That looks amazing. i thought i was turning a lot of heads driving around, but people wouldnt even look my way with you driving by. very nice

Whats the circle part on the front grill?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what track are you running at? i would love to meet. even if its so i can just see yours. This weekend i have kids and car seats dont work well in it. lol. maybe the following weekend we can meet for a few. Thanks again. its a pleasure getting to know another local

·
Registered
437 Posts
what track are you running at? i would love to meet. even if its so i can just see yours. This weekend i have kids and car seats dont work well in it. lol. maybe the following weekend we can meet for a few. Thanks again. its a pleasure getting to know another local
I usually go to the Miller Motorsports track in Tooele, just outside of Salt Lake City. It's a blast, but let me warn you, it's very addicting!

It's great to have another local Lotus owner!

Keep me posted on meeting up somtime; it'd be fun.

Nick

·
Registered
236 Posts
hey there. if i am ever heading that way ill message on ya here. we can go for a drive. how did you find the site? just like the cars?
I have been a somewhat rabid fan for a few years now. Fell in love when I saw one in Pop Sci. Never have ridden in one. Makes me feel like a poser on this site... I do like to absorb all the info on this site though.

There will be a day when I get one and the Earth will stand still. :)

I think I would give you one of my legs for a ride. Actually, they have good prosthetics... Make that two.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Hey Chris, I'm Ronnie Slaughter and I live in Eagle. I have an '05 Green Lotus Elise that has been turbocharged. Nick and I autocross together here locally, usually at the fairgrounds or Idaho Center. We have tracked at Miller in Utah and PIR in Portland. The are building a new track in Grass Vally, Oregon as well. You can do your own oil changes, they are a breeze, and Nick and I know these cars inside and out. We can help you out anytime. A coupe of years ago, we had a Lotus drive up to Idaho City. It was a blast but two of us got pulled over.:wallbang: Luckily, no tickets.

Your welcome to join the Snake River SCCA. Just google it to get the web site. We have a meeting Feb. 17th.

This is me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 227 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.