The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edmunds page shows that they will have info on the 29th about the auto show. Not sure if there will be any Elise info. Anyone know of any sites that will have any early Elise info?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like gglotus.org is going to beat elisetalk.com to the punch

The Lotus Cars USA press conference is scheduled for 10:40am Monday, December 29th at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The GGLC will have at least 2 members on hand to report the announcement on the Federal Elise.

The Lotus booth at the LA Auto Show is a brand new layout and will feature 5 US Elise - Storm Titanium, Saffron Yellow, Racing Green, Magnetic Blue, and Bordeaux Red. In addition there will be a bare Elise chassis and an Esprit.

Watch this space for the news & photos!

http://www.gglotus.org/gghotnews/hotnews.htm

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the news release gglouts.org a different news release then what Randy posted on the elisetalk.com home page?

From home page 'The media debut is on Tuesday morning, December 30th. '

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if they moved it, if so, sucks for me as I was planning on attending on the 30th at 10:50am.

I am not there right now.. :)

Still, I don't care who releases the information. I am happy to read it on the GG site. I am only disappointed in that I planned on attending.

·
Registered
296 Posts
nxm150 said:
feature 5 US Elise - Storm Titanium, Saffron Yellow, Racing Green, Magnetic Blue, and Bordeaux Red.
Sweet, the color choices are working in my favor. I am ok with ardent right now because I know that will look good but magnetic or storm where my runners up so if I fall in love with one I'll be real happy because they will be a little less flashy.:D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Michael from sandsmuseum.com is attending the media days and plans to post info on his web site by Dec 31st.

·
Registered
296 Posts
nxm150 said:
No one has any updates? It's been 30 minutes and no updates
Breathe man, BREATHE!! The PC should take at least 30mins and then they have to type something up. I hope they take a little longer and get some good Q&A's.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
By the way, the conference guide schedule on the LA Auto Show web site still shows the Lotus press conference on Tuesday, Dec 30th from 10:50 am to 11:20 am in the Concourse Hall (followed by Bentley, Morgan and Brabus).

I don't believe it could be Monday at 10:40 as mentioned by nxm150, as that would fall during the keynote address according to the schedule.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is why I am confused. According to GGLOTUS.ORG, the release is today, but Randy says tomorrow. Am I checking websites for updates for no reason if it is tomorrow?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I am confused now too...

Seems odd that Lotus would change it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess they did get their info mixed up. They are usually a really reliable source of info.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It says "Monday, December 30th", so it can't be right. It is likely Tuesday, December 30th. Right date, wrong Day.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Racer X said:
It says "Monday, December 30th", so it can't be right. It is likely Tuesday, December 30th. Right date, wrong Day.
Good catch. I didn't notice that.

Expect updates here as soon as I can....

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Neither can I! In fact, I think we should watch what time Randy posts...if he doesnt get back to his computer and post within 30 minutes time he gets drawn and quartered.

Jenn
11:54am edt and waiting.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, since Randy knows most of this info already, it should be typed up already and it is just a matter of uploading it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts