The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are kidless in 3 weeks for the first time in forever, and looking to go south for a short getaway...our daughter is going away with a friend. Only problem being is it's spring break. We'd like somewhere warm & quiet to sip Coronas and watch the sun set - without wall-to-wall teens. Any suggestions for Florida/Caribbean/etc?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Destin is nice and a little more family orientated. It won't be "quiet" by any means, but a lot of the kids should be accompanied by parents. A bunch of us went last year (not during spring break) and rented an oceanfront condo for a very reasonable rate that people under 25 weren't allowed without their parents. You can see it wasn't real crowded in the background. lol. (I'm the skinny guy on the right)

We tried not to be "those guys"... but the inevitable still happened. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
North Captiva Island, FL

It is very quiet and off the beaten path. Depending on storms, there may be quite a few shells on the beach. Rent a boat or hook up with Captain Dan for a guided tour. We've been there twice, renting a different house each time. Last time I took a kayak out in Pine Island Sound and got very close to some dolphins and a manatee. With so little time between now and Spring Break, there may be slim pickins for rentals. Money-saving tip: Bring your food for the weekend in coolers (with dry ice) packed for the boat.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Why miss spring break?!?!

Get your bathing suits, beer and moxie and show those kids how to PARTY BALLS! w00T!

/sorry, personal preference

·
Registered
142 Posts
Belize - as long as you stay away from Ambergris Caye. Some more remote islands off the coast, South mainland on the coast or stay inland. We really enjoyed Hidden Valley Inn, not coastal but beautiful with lots to do.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bonita Springs/Estero (between Naples and Fort Meyers.) Older crowd, perfect weather, few drunk college kids, great beaches and restaurants. Or for more of a party atmosphere without the mass of drunken punks...Key West.....Dave

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Join Cecilia and I in the galapagos. It will be quite under the ocean. except for the *clicking* of the reefs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts