The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All:

Having just spoke with Doug late last week, it appears that my car may not get here until January. I got the usual, ambiguous response of how I am next to receive a vin number and that the timeframe between it being built, shipped and delivered is purely speculative. I've been next to receive a vin number for quite a few weeks, now. Something disturbing that he mentioned was that imexplicably, some of the customers behind me had already received their vin numbers. I don't know if this is the batches of colour scheme of how Lotus makes the federal cars that I've read about, but it's not helping.

He did offer some numbers as to cars having been delivered previously, but I didn't think I should be optimistic in hoping that the numbers would only increase monthly with time.

Wondering if anyone has taken recent delivery of their cars? I believe gjpbsp was waiting for this week?
Any update will be highly appreciated.

- dechien

·
Registered
20 Posts
delivery

They don't call; they don't write; the whole process is irritating beyond words. One would think that someone might have an idea about the whereabouts of a ship in the Pacific Ocean, or the cargo aboard that ship. I think the whole process is suspect, and that vehicles are arriving somehow. I saw two Elises in the LA Times last sunday, and the prices were a relatively attractive option over the misinformation that is provided in this process. In short, I have no car, no information, and very little remaining patience.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Supposedly the boat with my car was supposed to arrive the last week of October. At least that was what Doug told me when I called last week. He doesn't know if the boat is in port, or if the car has been unloaded, or when any of that might happen. He has no idea when my car will actually be available. He did say that he was still waiting on two silver cars that were on a boat that arrived the last week of Spetember but he hadn't seen them yet, and didn't know when they would arrive in the showroom. For this I paid a premium?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
He did say that he was still waiting on two silver cars that were on a boat that arrived the last week of September but he hadn't seen them yet, and didn't know when they would arrive in the showroom. For this I paid a premium?
In SEPTEMBER ??? :huh: OMG !

C'mon Lotus, there's gotta be a better way to get our cars to us...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Newport Euro cars

The Artic silver Twins have come and gone.
Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts