The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for opinions on an indoor rowing machine. Looking at the Concept2 Model D. Anyone have 2¢??

·
Registered
856 Posts
Is there any other worthwhile rowing machine? I have been using a Model B for almost 20 years now. These things are well built and spares are readily available so they should last a long while. The Model D is a nice improvement over my Model B with a much quieter load unit and a better monitor. Well worth the price. Check with your local rowing club and you may even be able to find a deal on a used Concept2.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Our club has both the model B and a few new Ds. tandemracer is right, the extra money for the D is well spent.

I've been rowing in tanks this winter; I'm so spoiled and don't want to erg anymore. Unfortunately they won't fit in the extra bedroom...

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
We trained on the B in college when I was on Crew and I purchased the D for my home a few years back. As mentioned,the D is quite nice by comparison. The memory function is particularly nice when compared to the B to keep track of your improvements. That said, if someone was selling the B for the right price and in good shape, I'd pick one up and just log my times on paper:up: Both machines are simply awesome and very well built. I'd try to find one owned by a person rather than a rowing club or gym since most people rarely use their machines at home. You'll probably be able to find several slightly used ones on the "bay".

IMO, All other rowing machines are simply gimmicks by comparison.

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
When I bought mine I looked at the Concept2 and the Fluidrower. I went with the fluidrower and have no regrets (A bit more $ though).

http://www.firstdegreefitness.com/

·
Registered
425 Posts
My concept 2 is my favorite torture device that I own. A 1/2 hour workout seems to take about 2 weeks as compared to the stairmaster which seems to take about 1 month for a 1/2 hour session.

·
Registered
856 Posts
My concept 2 is my favorite torture device that I own. A 1/2 hour workout seems to take about 2 weeks as compared to the stairmaster which seems to take about 1 month for a 1/2 hour session.
Time flies when you're having fun?

For me, any indoor workout gets to be unbearable after about an hour no matter which songs are on my ipod. Sometimes I start wishing that my workout equipment came with the lobotomy option. :sheep::sheep::sheep:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts