The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Elise SC
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday(Monday) I took a fun drive from Portland to the Oregon coast and back in my S3. The weather was perfect, the roads twisty, the mountain and Pacific air inviting and the beaches uncrowded. Took rest stops at the Tillamook Creamery, Nehalem and Cannon Beach for fish and chips. While parked had many people inquire about the car. An absolutely perfect day. Saw other top down sports cars and it got me thinking. I never see a Lotus on the road unless it is an event with our local club. I haven't seen an Elise in traffic for over ten years. And I have never seen an S3 other than my own.

Curious. Does anyone own, or has seen on the road, an S3 Elise in the Pacific Northwest?

thanks

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
39 Posts
Haven't seen any S3s in the area, and have only seen one or two other Lotus' out on the road that weren't part of an organized drive, but I know there's probably 15-20ish Lotus drivers in the Portland metro area, judging by the Portland Lotus Club turnout.
I drive my Exige out on the road almost every chance I get, and I never run into another Lotus.

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1; 2011 Audi S4 Manual
446 Posts
There is at least one (red) 2011 S3 Elise up here in Vancouver, with the owner being a part of the Lotus Club of BC. While there are a ton of Elises in the club, I think I can only recall that single car (and MAYBE one more)? Certainly rare compared to the S2 Elises...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts