The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in San Antonio have ether 1 factory front pad or a set of anything with >2mm of pad left?

The set of Pagid blues I ordered got lost by UPS. And will not get here unto the day following my departure. My pads all have 2mm of friction material left except the pass front outer. It only has less than 1mm. So to avoid haveing to drive the gf's z4 on the trip I'm trying one last ditch effort.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Have you called Gonzaba? They may have some.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I have a full set of stock used pads with more than 2mm left. Your more than welcome to them if you dont mind driving to Houston to get them..

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try gonzaba. Doubt they'll give me a used set. Prolly want me to buy a new set.

Houston. How far is that from San Antonio? I've never been there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
3 hours. Barry is going to be in San Marcos next weekend. You could meet him there if you can wait that long. It's only 1 hour to San Marcos.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The issue is the brake pad life. I am willing to bet I can make the Interstate trip to San Antonio on these pads. but I don't think I could stay there for 3 days on them...and get home before they decide to tear into my rotors.

I have a set of Pagid Blues, which are now in Albuquerque...damn UPS! They are due to arrive here Tues. I leave here Mon. all arrangements are set, or I'd just postpone the trip. But reservations being non-refundable make that a poor choice in my book.

Looks like I'll be driving a BMW this time. :(

thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I probably have some in the garage in Austin. I've got at least 4 or 5 boxes of used pads, not sure if there is more than 2mm on any of them, but if you think you can make it up to Austin tomorrow I'll check for you.

I PM'd you my number. Call me if you are interested.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I probably have some in the garage in Austin. I've got at least 4 or 5 boxes of used pads, not sure if there is more than 2mm on any of them, but if you think you can make it up to Austin tomorrow I'll check for you.

I PM'd you my number. Call me if you are interested.
I am heading that way Monday. I think I'm gonna take the safe route and just drive the BMW. I'm terribly nervous that I'll eat up that rotor. the lower edge of the friction material is literally paper thin....The thought of metal on metal makes my stomach curl. I think I've convinced myself the risks outweigh the benefits.

Thank you so much for the offer of assistance.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy hell it's humid here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts